NPC Flats Addendum

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: NPC Flats Addendum

Post by Hazelnut »

Maybe tone the cleavage down a little, it looks like she's a hooker. Also her face looks far too cat (kajjit) like to me.

(apologies for the criticism, hope it's constructive)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

I personally prefer the original Daggerfall skin tone to the retconned one, as Daggerfall is my gold standard for the series. But to each their own, of course.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Al-Khwarizmi wrote:I personally prefer the original Daggerfall skin tone to the retconned one, as Daggerfall is my gold standard for the series. But to each their own, of course.
They are canonically dunmer, even in Daggerfall. The non-dunmer look is a bug, not a feature. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

They are canonically dunmer, even in Daggerfall. The non-dunmer look is a bug, not a feature. :)
Definitely! Especially considering that Dark Elf player will have dark skin and red eyes, while these characters somehow wouldn't...
Later on it was explained by make up, but I somehow am not convinced.

Excellent job on the flats, StarMadeKnight! I am hoping for 3D characters one day, as it would be easier to customize huge number of characters, but there is a lot what can be done with sprites and your work shows it very well!

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Hazelnut wrote:Maybe tone the cleavage down a little, it looks like she's a hooker. Also her face looks far too cat (kajjit) like to me.

(apologies for the criticism, hope it's constructive)
Alright, the puppies have been leashed a bit lmao. I'm not gonna make any more changes to her face, I added a few things of my own but the basic features comes right from her portrait. I'll post this with the next update.

WIP:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks. It may be because I have a 13 y.o. daughter who regularly takes an interest in what I'm playing/tinkering with on the computer that I am more sensitive to the 'pose'. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:
Definitely! Especially considering that Dark Elf player will have dark skin and red eyes, while these characters somehow wouldn't...
Later on it was explained by make up, but I somehow am not convinced.
I must admit I'm biased... she looked hot with the human skin, and I was 14 when Daggerfall was released! :lol: :lol:

Arctus

Post by Arctus »

StarMadeKnight wrote: WIP:
I don't know how I feel about losing his soulless blank stare :lol:

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Arctus wrote:
StarMadeKnight wrote: WIP:
I don't know how I feel about losing his soulless blank stare :lol:
Lol if it makes you feel better his dialogue portrait still makes him look like an extra from Children of the Corn :P

Figured out why my screenshots are so dark, incidentally. I'll have that fixed moving forward.

MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

It looks like his head is cropped. I imagine this is because the original image was scaled up first to use as a base for the new artwork, but it stands out as a big digital flaw to me and I think it could be corrected by rounding off the top a bit. The previous sprites were affected by this issue as well, but less significantly.