Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Igor

Re: Grafon: hi-res textures replacement

Post by Igor »

I want to clarify a few things.

I remove images of columns from textures since I think that flat columns look awful. I hope that someone will make a mod that will add real columns to temples and castles.

My library of 3d models is limited and I can not make absolutely any image, but I'm trying to make the sprites as close to the original as possible. if something is done wrong, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

And daggerfall was made at a time when censorship was not so strong. Do I need to change naked characters?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Igor wrote: And daggerfall was made at a time when censorship was not so strong. Do I need to change naked characters?
Absolutelly not! Keep those naked characters, f this new age censorship, this should be remaster/remake, not politically correct BS :)

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Yes. I for one will not play any version or mod that censors nudity.

I understand some people may want censorship for different reasons, but that belongs in optional mods.

Midknightprince

Re: Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Post by Midknightprince »

Keep the naked ladies.

I was just thinking, a hi-rez image of naked ladies may raise some eyebrows, and the npc's should look as close as possible to vanilla IMO.

I have a question about the blue (normal .png) textures in the pack .
What exactly are they doing?
Because when I add an xml file from realtime reflections mod, I get a glossy 3-d surface on all of those textures that include it.
It looks stunning, I just want to know whats happening. ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Igor

Post by Igor »

Midknightprince wrote:
Because when I add an xml file from realtime reflections mod, I get a glossy 3-d surface on all of those textures that include it.
They give a sense of height difference and irregularities in absolutely flat textures. Visually add polygons to low polygonal models.

Midknightprince

Igor wrote:
They give a sense of height difference and irregularities in absolutely flat textures. Visually add polygons to low polygonal models.
Thank you igor, I love this pack.
I have been switching my textures around to get all these things to show up everywhere.

You are doing an amazing job on these things (as my ingame shows).

I'm just gonna say this...the jungle regions need some love bigtime.
Just an fyi, and thank you for the pack :D

Igor

Post by Igor »

Midknightprince wrote: I'm just gonna say this...the jungle regions need some love bigtime.
Thank you. I try to go to the texture numbers in order not to get confused and forget nothing. And the jungle is still far away.

There is still a lot of work to be done. And I still try not to think about animations. Theoretically I can make them but my old computer will not pull. 3D animation requires a lot of computing resources.

Midknightprince

Igor wrote:
Midknightprince wrote: I'm just gonna say this...the jungle regions need some love bigtime.
Thank you. I try to go to the texture numbers in order not to get confused and forget nothing. And the jungle is still far away.

There is still a lot of work to be done. And I still try not to think about animations. Theoretically I can make them but my old computer will not pull. 3D animation requires a lot of computing resources.
I know, I hang out in the jungle regions alot thats all, no rush :D

Luzur

Post by Luzur »

Midknightprince wrote:Keep the naked ladies.

I was just thinking, a hi-rez image of naked ladies may raise some eyebrows, and the npc's should look as close as possible to vanilla IMO.

Well some NPC*s have their boobs out, so they should be done as boobs would look in the real world, high-rez, i hope?
(We are all grown men/women here, so we should be able survive that ordeal i believe LOL)

But i guess it will kinda hard with a limited library to make your versions of the NPC's as vanilla as possible, but do try and make them as close as possible if you can.
"Load the muskets"

Igor

Post by Igor »

Luzur wrote: But i guess it will kinda hard with a limited library to make your versions of the NPC's as vanilla as possible, but do try and make them as close as possible if you can.
If it does not work out from me, it can turn out to someone else. Anyone can send me a pull request and help me. My version is not final.