Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
User avatar
Igor
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:06 am

Re: Grafon: hi-res textures replacement

Post by Igor » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 am

I want to clarify a few things.

I remove images of columns from textures since I think that flat columns look awful. I hope that someone will make a mod that will add real columns to temples and castles.

My library of 3d models is limited and I can not make absolutely any image, but I'm trying to make the sprites as close to the original as possible. if something is done wrong, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

And daggerfall was made at a time when censorship was not so strong. Do I need to change naked characters?

User avatar
King of Worms
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Scourg Barrow
Contact:

Re: Grafon: hi-res textures replacement

Post by King of Worms » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:13 am

Igor wrote: And daggerfall was made at a time when censorship was not so strong. Do I need to change naked characters?
Absolutelly not! Keep those naked characters, f this new age censorship, this should be remaster/remake, not politically correct BS :)

Al-Khwarizmi
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:52 am

Re: Grafon: hi-res textures replacement

Post by Al-Khwarizmi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Yes. I for one will not play any version or mod that censors nudity.

I understand some people may want censorship for different reasons, but that belongs in optional mods.

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Post by Midknightprince » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:31 am

Keep the naked ladies.

I was just thinking, a hi-rez image of naked ladies may raise some eyebrows, and the npc's should look as close as possible to vanilla IMO.

I have a question about the blue (normal .png) textures in the pack .
What exactly are they doing?
Because when I add an xml file from realtime reflections mod, I get a glossy 3-d surface on all of those textures that include it.
It looks stunning, I just want to know whats happening. ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
Igor
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:06 am

Re: Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Post by Igor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 am

Midknightprince wrote:
I have a question about the blue (normal .png) textures in the pack .
What exactly are they doing?
Because when I add an xml file from realtime reflections mod, I get a glossy 3-d surface on all of those textures that include it.
It looks stunning, I just want to know whats happening. ?
They give a sense of height difference and irregularities in absolutely flat textures. Visually add polygons to low polygonal models.

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Post by Midknightprince » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:03 am

Igor wrote:
They give a sense of height difference and irregularities in absolutely flat textures. Visually add polygons to low polygonal models.
Thank you igor, I love this pack.
I have been switching my textures around to get all these things to show up everywhere.

You are doing an amazing job on these things (as my ingame shows).

I'm just gonna say this...the jungle regions need some love bigtime.
Just an fyi, and thank you for the pack :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
Igor
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:06 am

Re: Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Post by Igor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Midknightprince wrote: I'm just gonna say this...the jungle regions need some love bigtime.
Just an fyi, and thank you for the pack :D
Thank you. I try to go to the texture numbers in order not to get confused and forget nothing. And the jungle is still far away.

There is still a lot of work to be done. And I still try not to think about animations. Theoretically I can make them but my old computer will not pull. 3D animation requires a lot of computing resources.

User avatar
Midknightprince
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Location: San Antonio TX
Contact:

Re: Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Post by Midknightprince » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Igor wrote:
Midknightprince wrote: I'm just gonna say this...the jungle regions need some love bigtime.
Just an fyi, and thank you for the pack :D
Thank you. I try to go to the texture numbers in order not to get confused and forget nothing. And the jungle is still far away.

There is still a lot of work to be done. And I still try not to think about animations. Theoretically I can make them but my old computer will not pull. 3D animation requires a lot of computing resources.
I know, I hang out in the jungle regions alot thats all, no rush :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

User avatar
Luzur
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:26 am

Re: Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Post by Luzur » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:59 pm

Midknightprince wrote:Keep the naked ladies.

I was just thinking, a hi-rez image of naked ladies may raise some eyebrows, and the npc's should look as close as possible to vanilla IMO.

I have a question about the blue (normal .png) textures in the pack .
What exactly are they doing?
Because when I add an xml file from realtime reflections mod, I get a glossy 3-d surface on all of those textures that include it.
It looks stunning, I just want to know whats happening. ?
Well some NPC*s have their boobs out, so they should be done as boobs would look in the real world, high-rez, i hope?
(We are all grown men/women here, so we should be able survive that ordeal i believe LOL)

But i guess it will kinda hard with a limited library to make your versions of the NPC's as vanilla as possible, but do try and make them as close as possible if you can.
"Load the muskets"

User avatar
Igor
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:06 am

Re: Grafon: low quality hi-res textures replacement

Post by Igor » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Luzur wrote: But i guess it will kinda hard with a limited library to make your versions of the NPC's as vanilla as possible, but do try and make them as close as possible if you can.
If it does not work out from me, it can turn out to someone else. Anyone can send me a pull request and help me. My version is not final.

Post Reply