Artist request: low-poly 3D gauntlets/gloves

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
InconsolableCellist

Re: Artist request: low-poly 3D gauntlets/gloves

Post by InconsolableCellist »

Oh yeah, also, mirroring it in a 3D tool is probably the best way, and exporting it as a left and right glove. I'll do that after I animate it though (if I can get animation to import), so as to not require duplicating the animation.

InconsolableCellist

Here's a demo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2jt3qb5WIE&

Pointing will be used for interacting with things, or as a hint that something can be interacted with. I'll post this in the VR thread in Dev discussion

InconsolableCellist

The material might need some tweaking, as it darkens to black very easily. I don't know much about texturing though, but there might be some ways to give it a leathery material without doing UV mapping. Or maybe someone else can help with this aspect.

Would you be interested in making basic weapons too? For testing I was thinking just a sword, maybe a sword and buckler.

Some more thoughts: I may throw in a normal surface for the wrist area, I'm not sure if it'd look more weird than looking down the glove or not. Forearms would probably be too complicated for now, due to the skeleton.

How would you like to be attributed in the commit messages and mod information?

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

there might be some ways to give it a leathery material without doing UV mapping
I will try to create PBR material, maybe this would help.
Would you be interested in making basic weapons too? For testing I was thinking just a sword, maybe a sword and buckler.
Sure. These weapons must be in low-poly style as well?
How would you like to be attributed in the commit messages and mod information?
I don't consider myself a big contributor, just write something like "Models were created by quasifex". I will be fine with that.

InconsolableCellist

Yup, low poly would look great I think. It's up to you, I mean, the buckler could have a large number of points in the circle instead of being crazy blocky, and have an extruded boss and such. I just think the lower poly gloves look really fitting in the game world

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

Sorry that kept you waiting, I was having some some health problems for a several days. Anyways, i made sword and shield you asked for. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... U9TZGNEejg (10 mb)
I packed them into unity package, so the only thing you'll need to do is to put prefabs into your mod.

InconsolableCellist

Those look awesome! Thanks!

I've been away a bit, and working on an adventure game for my niece, so I've been paused on DFU: VR. However I finished everything up and should be able to get back to it now.

Samuel_Beard

Post by Samuel_Beard »

Hmmm? Maybe I could use these gauntlets for my first person 3D mod unless VMblast is unwilling to share his work to help mine? I could just make my own otherwise, but sharing would be a load off my back.

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

@Samuel_Beard
Yes, you can use these models. But I have to warn you that they are very amateurish looking. If I only had time these days, i would completely remade them using new stuff I learned since then.