Closed: Quests and reputation changes

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Hazelnut

Re: Open: Quests and reputation changes

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks, I am pretty happy that I understand propagation, and will get around to implementing that at some point if no one else does it before me.

Quests currently all have the same rep gain/loss happening via the change rep method, so this is more for me fleshing out those constants to reflect what UESP says (once confirmed) - if you find anything out about this, maybe it's the other functions & special cases you mention, then that will help.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

I'll probably try to figure out what's going on with the special cases this weekend. I think that might just be related to propagation, though.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks Jay for that save. Allofich suspected UESP is incorrect due to counting other propagated rep changes etc by mistake and your saves support that theory since the quest only gave a 5 increase in rep rather than the +7 UESP claims.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I'm now closing this work request.

mikeprichard

Re: Closed: Quests and reputation changes

Post by mikeprichard »

Does anyone think it's worth reporting the error on the relevant UESP pages? I've used and relied on them for years, but not sure how responsive the site admins are to corrections, and I wouldn't want to report it myself based on this research without your permission.

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Mike wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 pm Does anyone think it's worth reporting the error on the relevant UESP pages? I've used and relied on them for years, but not sure how responsive the site admins are to corrections, and I wouldn't want to report it myself based on this research without your permission.
I never had any problems in fixing mistakes at the UESP, as it is the whole purpose of a wiki. I would go so far as to say that they would be happy that the Daggerfall section get updates. Just make sure to explain it in the comment line before sending, maybe forwarding to this thread here.
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Having now reviewed the reputation charts in the UESP pages for the various Knightly Order quests, I'm not actually sure of the correct values to input through my edits: some quests' charts show reputation gains of +12 for "Knight Order" and +14 for "City-State...", some +15 and +10, some +7 and +4... it's all over the place. It's probably best for me to leave this alone unless and until I can do some testing in vanilla Daggerfall myself.

Thanks anyway for correcting these oversights in DFU!