Need help scripting this new simple magic feature, I will provide the art :)

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
King of Worms

Need help scripting this new simple magic feature, I will provide the art :)

Post by King of Worms »

When the MOB casts a spell, you can see these yellow rotating stars as a effect.
This effect is the same for all spell types. We have following spell types:

Fire
Frost
Poison
Shock
Magic

Id like to distinguish the stars colors/look according to the effect cast.

So Id say Fire stays the same as it is (I always try to preserve the original effect and than ADD new, never replace 100%)
Frost Blue
Poison Green
Shock Different shade of blue + smthng
Magic, I have that one ready, its not just change of color

If anyone could provide a script which could allow this happen given I provide the necessary art, I would be really grateful!

Thank you! :D

Possibilities are endless ;)
380_3-9.png
380_3-9.png (70.21 KiB) Viewed 590 times

l3lessed

Re: Need help scripting this new simple magic feature, I will provide the art :)

Post by l3lessed »

I'll dig into this for you.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

King of Worms

Re: Need help scripting this new simple magic feature, I will provide the art :)

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot, much appreciated! :)

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

No problem. I'm working on the last feature of my compass mod, then I will peak into this. I'm making the damage function as immersive as possible right now. I have in progressive glass damage, starting with a crack and turning into a full shattered glass window. I'm now adding in the last thing to it, magical effects to represent the damage to the enchantment. Can't thank you enough for the education on proper scaling and sizing for texture files.

I am adding some magical swirling and distortion effects that move around and change and then blow a small magical hole in the compass viewport. This effect is activated when the compass is damaged and the glass containing the enchantment is fractured/broken. The more damage it receives/the more broken the glass, the more of these magical vortexes will appear and damage the viewport image because they have nothing to contain them anymore with the glass gone. Why would a damage magical device not have some issues with the enchantment after being used and damaged over long term times?
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

l3lessed wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:18 pm No problem. I'm working on the last feature of my compass mod, then I will peak into this. I'm making the damage function as immersive as possible right now. I have in progressive glass damage, starting with a crack and turning into a full shattered glass window. I'm now adding in the last thing to it, magical effects to represent the damage to the enchantment. Can't thank you enough for the education on proper scaling and sizing for texture files.

I am adding some magical swirling and distortion effects that move around and change and then blow a small magical hole in the compass viewport. This effect is activated when the compass is damaged and the glass containing the enchantment is fractured/broken. The more damage it receives/the more broken the glass, the more of these magical vortexes will appear and damage the viewport image because they have nothing to contain them anymore with the glass gone. Why would a damage magical device not have some issues with the enchantment after being used and damaged over long term times?
This sounds really immersive :) I love the ideas, cant wait to test it and maybe do some final touches on few layers there. Few well set up shadows baked in the textures can add a lot of depth to any contraption. Im glad I was able to help, was no problem for me, photoshop/texturing is what I do here for almost 5 years haha