Where's the Unity project?

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
tigerseptim

Where's the Unity project?

Post by tigerseptim »

Hello! I just joined and naturally have a question. If I want to make a mod, where do I find the Unity project to be modified?

Channel1

Re: Where's the Unity project?

Post by Channel1 »

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfall-unity

I think...

@ Interkarma
The tooltip(?) for it says The source code for Daggerfall Tools For Unity. Not Daggerfall Unity.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

You'll find the full project source code here on GitHub. Note the current project level is 5.5.0f3. We'll be migrating to 2018.1.2f1 in a week or so.

You only need Unity for creating asset bundles and scripting mods however. If you just want to write quests or inject models and textures, you won't need Unity or the source code, just the game runtime. The below link should help you get started with the modding journey.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... y/modding/

I'm not heavily involved in the modding side of things myself, my main focus is gameplay. But the community is quite active and someone should be able to answer your questions if you need more help.

Good luck!

tigerseptim

Post by tigerseptim »

I'm impressed- two replies already! :D That's good that the project is being updated soon, for who can remember what became of their old Unity license file? Not I.

Ever since I got my paws on Morrowind I've wanted to break into modding; this looks like a good entry point.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome! Ease really depends on what you want to mod. If it's making new quests or textures, those are very simple; even I can do those (being bested by children at programming). If you want to change the sky or the landscape or something else in the game world, that's more complex.