Inventory displays gold amount beneath player's weight

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
JackyCrew

Inventory displays gold amount beneath player's weight

Post by JackyCrew »

Alright so hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and was trying to figure out how to add some tiny contributions to this wonderful project. I have some skills in programming and know the basics of Unity, and I would like to slightly change the way the inventory currently displays the amount of gold that the player is carrying. As you all know, in classic Daggerfall the only way to find out using the inventory is to click the gold button which is not very practical. So I would like to display the amount directly under the player's weight so it can be seen in an easier way.
The thing is I have no idea which file I should modify, should I actually directly modify the source code of the project or should I rather use DFTU and create a mod ?
Thanks for the help (Sorry if there are some mistakes, english is not my mother tongue :) )

mikeprichard

Re: Inventory displays gold amount beneath player's weight

Post by mikeprichard »

I'm not a DFU coding/modding guy, so I can't help with your question, but I'd just like to say that's one of several improvements to the UI I'd like to see!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Clicking the gold button is one way to see your gold pieces, but gold amount is shown on character sheet (F5) - although that includes letters of credit etc. It's also shown when trading etc, again including LoC. The only other place gp is shown without LoC is fast travel dialog.

What is the use you think that the gold amount will have in the inventory screen? Should it be gp or gold amount (inc. LoC) ?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

JackyCrew

Post by JackyCrew »

Well I was actually thinking of displaying the gp (and LoC, I had forgotten about this) just as the recent TES do, next to the player's weight. But if you don't think it's useful, at least it's kind of a way to understand how the code works and how I can add some little features to it :D .