Daggerfall sounds

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
King of Worms

Daggerfall sounds

Post by King of Worms »

Is there a way to get all the daggerfall sounds with their native names in a working form?

I know I can use a program Daggerfall Sound Extract to get all sounds from the snd file in a raw form (did that) and than convert them to some standard kind of wav in audacity. But that conversion process seems to be a major PITA to me.

I found a 8mb pack by Nero, which is great, but the files are renamed and thus this pack is useless for a modding purposes.

Than I found a list of sounds by interkarma in txt

and thats it :/

Has anyone ventured any further than this? Because I remember I used to have those files in a numeric original names and working fashion... or was that just a wet dream?

Thank you!

EDIT: DFJukebox is not working for me :/ Can that program achieve what I need? Can someone who can run this program upload the exported files pls?

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall sounds

Post by Interkarma »

Daggerfall Jukebox can extract all the sound effects from SOUNDS.BSA to .wav with their original numerical name intact. I've extracted for you as a convenience, here's a link to the zip file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13iaXjX ... sp=sharing

I hope that helps!

King of Worms

Re: Daggerfall sounds

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a ton mate! You saved me a major headache. This might be my next project as Im pushing forwards to completion of the graphics remaster somewhere during the next month hopefully ;) Btw, can we have some basic form of EAX or similar implemented in a future? So the dungeons and castles have echo? That would be a nice addition. Be well!