Updating Cloud Build Targets to Unity 2018.2.11f1

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Interkarma

Updating Cloud Build Targets to Unity 2018.2.11f1

Post by Interkarma »

Hi All,

I've updated Cloud Build targets to Unity 2018.2.11f1 for all releases of Daggerfall Unity. This will be live from next round of builds.

Any mod impacted by pink materials issue from next builds should only need to repackage mod under this version. If your mod doesn't exhibit pink materials in next build, there's be no need to repackage. This should not affect quest or scripting-based mods, only graphical mods packaged into a .dfmod.

Here' s a direct link to Unity's download archive. 2018.2.11 is currently at top of list. You can install multiple versions of Unity side-by-side if needed.

I've had to shift version upwards due to some breaking issues with Unity 2018.1 that have not been backported yet. Most critical of these was a problem that prevented builds from running on Macs at all. Rather than try to maintain different build targets, I'm bringing all releases back into alignment.

I don't plan on moving beyond Unity 2018.2.x until post release, unless there's some other critical reason to do so. You can consider this a stable point like we had with Unity 5.5 for some time.

I apologise for any inconvenience this causes to mod creators and their users.