[MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Alyndiar

Re: [MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Post by Alyndiar »

VMblast wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 pm
Abstract 30: Image Image Image
Oh!!! I just love that last icon :) Here come the protection spells :)

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@Alyndiar
Ha, yeah I should make more protection buffs icons :P

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

These look really great VMBlast!

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

Well, here's a version of the Spell Icons Atlas with 180 icons. Tested in my custom build and working fine. If you can build DFU and want to try, use my branch of DFU at https://github.com/Alyndiar/daggerfall-unity.

This HUGE file needs to go in DaggerfallUnity/DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Textures/Img/
Spoiler!
ICON00I0.IMG..png
ICON00I0.IMG..png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 2432 times
Edit : Unfortunately I can attach only the 64x64 icons version to the message, the others (84x84 or 128x128) are to big for the forum :( The large file can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/k46wwsyx56q3h ... G.png?dl=0

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Fantastic job on the icons, variations and putting it into the atlas!

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@Interkarma
Thanks Gav ;)

Alyndiar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 am Well, here's a version of the Spell Icons Atlas with 180 icons. Tested in my custom build and working fine. If you can build DFU and want to try, use my branch of DFU at https://github.com/Alyndiar/daggerfall-unity.

This HUGE file needs to go in DaggerfallUnity/DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Textures/Img/
Spoiler!
ICON00I0.IMG..png
Edit : Unfortunately I can attach only the 64x64 icons version to the message, the others (84x84 or 128x128) are to big for the forum :( The large file can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/k46wwsyx56q3h ... G.png?dl=0
Great work on that icon atlas! Wow, oh boy 180? lol :) Oh, you didnt included rune icons? Those could easily fit in. Or there's limited space?
PS - use imgur for the larger size images on the forum.

Abstract 31: Image Image Image

Abstract 32: Image Image Image

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

VMblast wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 am Great work on that icon atlas! Wow, oh boy 180? lol :) Oh, you didnt included rune icons? Those could easily fit in. Or there's limited space?
PS - use imgur for the larger size images on the forum.
No limitation on space in the atlas. The loading code is very clever and makes no assumptions about the atlas size, it only reads the number of icons you hardcode in. I'm waiting on a solution to provide the number of icons from a mod instead of hardcoding.

imgur converts images to .jpg over a certain size :( The 128x128 atlas is already over 6 MB and we're not nearly finished ;) I'll keep using my Dropbox for the full size image. Too bad we can't use .dds images in mods :cry:

Runes are on the list, I'll add them soon.

Please keep making these beautiful icons :D

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

VMblast wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 am Abstract 32: Image Image Image
What would you say is the main color of this icon? I see Yellow for the iris, green for the contour of the eye and red for the background. For the recolors, it's better if I know what is considered the focus of the image but this is the first one I'm not sure about... I'd say either Yellow or green but I simply can't decide :(

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Alyndiar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm
VMblast wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 am
What would you say is the main color of this icon? I see Yellow for the iris, green for the contour of the eye and red for the background. For the recolors, it's better if I know what is considered the focus of the image but this is the first one I'm not sure about... I'd say either Yellow or green but I simply can't decide :(
Yes, you're right. Eye yellow, skin green, background red. If you ask me what should be the main focus, I'd say -the Eye. :P

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

VMblast wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:03 pm Yes, you're right. Eye yellow, skin green, background red. If you ask me what should be the main focus, I'd say -the Eye. :P
OK, I'll base this as the Yellow version and recolor from there. Let's see what comes out :)