[MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
VMblast

Re: [MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Post by VMblast »

Abstract 33: Image Image Image

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice! I spoke with Alyndiar and we will try to incorporate this into the DREAM - with his help. Thanks a lot for this offer and as Ive said to him, it will be a honor to have these beautiful icons as a default DREAM icons. Ofcourse both of you guys will be in the credits (You already are VMBlast).. Im so much looking forward this cooperation. Lets see where and how far we can take it.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@King of Worms
Cheers mate! ;) 🍺

PS -Just make sure you make it -tick- optional in the settings menu ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok :) We will try (I cant do that on my own)... if it will be a problem, I can make it a separate DFMOD package, so ppl can choose to use it or not.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:05 pm Ok :) We will try (I cant do that on my own)... if it will be a problem, I can make it a separate DFMOD package, so ppl can choose to use it or not.
I don't see any way to do this without increasing loading time with additional overhead.
It's a bit against modularity to merge mods in a single package and then allow to disable portions of it. The way to go is to build one package for each feature, so the final user can install only what they want ;)

pango

Post by pango »

Not to mention DREAM is currently only available for Windows ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Separate DFMOD package it is than... thats not a problem I think.

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@VM:Wow, just checking your less-abstract work : boots, feather, wings, wizards-hat, corked test-tube - WOW WOW these are indeed something else. (suggestion:book, some bottles, retort, a sword icon (offense symbol), ...) - wow!

@all: I also think more specific mod is better than one huge package ... They can be later made into modpacks no prob, but individual transparent smaller mods are easier to modify, adapt, maintain, troubleshoot, customize, etc etc....

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

OK, I wanted for it to be packed as a separate dfmod, but use the same naming structure as other DREAM packages. Maybe called "dream - spell icons(69).dfmod" so it can be included in DREAM but can also be used as a standalone. Now, I just need some help learning how to create .dfmod files.

At this point, I'm only dropping the ICON00I0.IMG.PNG file in StreamingAssets/Textures/IMG/ and it works.

You do need to wait for the 0.7.3+ release or be able to create you own build from the GitHub Repository to use these with a 69 icons version. The support for more than 69 icons with recolors should come but there is no timeline for that.

If you are familiar with the DFU build environment, you just need to change this line to make it work : However, as it can get bothersome clicking through hundreds of icons, I'm hoping for a better icon selection interface at some point in the future.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@Jukic
As per request. :P

34: Image Image Image

35: Image Image Image