[MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Alyndiar

Re: [MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Post by Alyndiar »

You know, Gav, If there was a Nobel prize in gaming, I'd propose you for the award. This will be AWESOME :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
This is lightyears ahead of anything I might have wished for in my wildest dreams. Please let me kiss you feet :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Haha cheers, but we shouldn't get too carried away! :lol:

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Interkarma wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 am Here's first look at new icon picker with "spell icon packs" in below tweet. Only the VMBlast test pack is currently available, but supports any number of icon packs with any number of icons each. Classic icons are always available (but can still be replaced using normal asset injection), and will eventually add a "suggested" icons category based on metadata-effect matching (still in progress).

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/ ... 7925336064

That probably sounds like a lot to unpack, but I'm trying to make it as simple as possible to add new icon packs. I'll outline the whole process once the feature is done.
This is really great and awesome feature. Cant wait to see it ingame! :D

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@Interkarma: :shock:
What about effect/other icons not directly related to spells. Will these also be amenable for replacement?

@VM: with your wonderful work this will be BLAST ! ;)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jukic wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:32 pm @Interkarma: :shock:
What about effect/other icons not directly related to spells. Will these also be amenable for replacement?
Most other textures are already replaceable using loose texture injection or dfmod assets. This feature is for the magic icons you select in Spellmaker and Spellbook, and see on HUD as active buff/debuff icons. Rather than just replacing these icons as before, you'll be able to run multiple spell icon packs together with any number of icons each.

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@Interkarma: Thanks for the info. This will be really useful!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

What about icons for effects and used/worn magic items? I thought that's what Jukic was asking about.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Equipped/used magic items don't have a UI means of changing their spell icon. The second stage of this change (suggested icons) will address this. I'm working through this now, but also trying not to get too distracted. My main priority is still building out effect payloads.

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

@Interkarma : Thanks for this incredible icon selection interface you did so quickly :D Please concentrate on bringing DFU out of pre-alpha, that is the most important thing right now and you're the only one who can do it ;) There will be time for improvements later on. At least, the framework is already there and everyone can play with that after the next release. For the tech-savvy ones, you know how to try it right now :P

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you Alyndiar. :) I'll definitely keep chipping away at the feature over next couple of releases, and at least next builds will have the new icon picker to start with.