Guild Quest List Menu

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Baler

Guild Quest List Menu

Post by Baler »

Brainstorming an idea in relation to guild quests.

Idea:
Instead of randomly picking from pool of available quests the player would be presented with a UI popup listing all available quest, ordered from lowest rank to highest available based on rank.

reason:
Trying to find a higher rank quest can sometimes be a pain. Cycling through Get Quest button -> No -> Ok over and over is tedious.

I see that in "DaggerfallGuildServicePopupWindow.cs" in section "protected override void GetQuest()" it already gets some of this information "appropriate pool".

Anyways..
Upon clicking the Get Quest button at said guild you'd be presented with something like this:
Able to pick an available quest.
Example: Fighter's guild Rank ~10.
examplemenu.png
examplemenu.png (21.61 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
Then after you select the quest and hit okay it would present you with the normal Yes/No + Quest text.
Last edited by Baler on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Re: Guild Quest List Menu

Post by Hazelnut »

Was there meant to be an image in your post? I can't see it if there was... just the word Image.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Baler

Post by Baler »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:44 pm Was there meant to be an image in your post? I can't see it if there was... just the word Image.
I use imgur.com for 99.9% of my image hosting and I'm 100% sure it never has issues display images on any forum. so it seems odd that you wouldn't see it. Anyways... I've re-uploaded the very basic example image to the forums directly as an attachment.

Likely I need a post count of 10 or more to post images properly, anti bot stuff. Fairly common practice (default setting) on modern forums.

edit: There now i'm at 10 posts, can you see this image? Image

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I could see it before and after :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Interesting mod idea for sure. Might be that imgur is blocked for me at work. People usually used attachments here which has added benefit of not disappearing at a later date.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Great idea, Baler; I would really appreciate something like this. And welcome to the forums!

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I remember talking about this in another thread. I like the idea of giving quests names and seeing new quests appear as you are promoted. It solves the problem of being unaware what quests just got unlocked via promotion, which happens silently in classic.

However, I don't like the idea of being able to repeat right away. You should be forced to complete quests you've never completed before being allowed to repeat a prior quest. Being able to reach top rank just by repeating "rat infestation" 20 times just seems stupid as hell. Make the player earn his rank by completing the full circuit of quests.

Baler

Post by Baler »

BansheeXYZ - That sounds like a personal playstyle preference. Nothing is stopping you from enjoying the game that way as is. It's a single player game so how other people enjoy playing the game doesn't affect you.
I understand in order to rank up one has to repeat some quests but there is a solution to that, custom quest!
Here is one example of custom quests, shout out to Jay_H Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1. There are other members of the community also working on custom quests. This seems like it would alleviate the repetition of doing the same quests over and over you express. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This looks like something I would use.
The yes/no/repeat is not something I enjoy doing too much ;)

EpicSpellsword404

Post by EpicSpellsword404 »

How about something like a quest board, which would generate a number of jobs for the player to pick and choose from? That way there would be more control if you're bored of certain quests, but there wouldn't be cheating with things like spending a day killing rats in one city to reach max rank in the fighter's guild.
Elona Quest Board.PNG
Elona Quest Board.PNG (359.28 KiB) Viewed 3789 times