[wip] Reshade 4.3.0 Dagger U Preset

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Worghern

[wip] Reshade 4.3.0 Dagger U Preset

Post by Worghern »

Hi mortal citizens of Nirn,

With this preset, all is working fine: the game, the cinematics, the interface, the maps and the others menus. The game has to be played with the excellent mods "KOW D.R.E.A.M." and "Handpainted model replacement project" for the best immersion. As well the game has to be played in darkness. Check my settings below.

First, you have to download Reshade 4.3.0. (Version 4.3.0 was released on May 26th 2019)

https://reshade.me/

At the installation, you have to choose the following executable: daggerfallUnity.exe then select Directx 10 API. Check all the files and it's done.

Download the Preset right below (DaggerU07072019.ini) and place it at the root of the "Dagger Unity" folder where "DaggerfallUnity.exe" is.

https://www.4shared.com/file/4bV2Pp3cgm ... 72019.html?

In game choose my preset in the text field:

My Pc is:

Windows 10 (x64) version 1903

i7 8700k 3.7 Ghz, eVga z370, 32Gb DDR4, eVga 980 GTX SC + ACX2.0 + 4Go DDR5, eVga Supernova 1000W, iiyama G-MASTER G2730HSU-B1 (x3)

The game rune with all mods and my Reshade preset around 130 fps in single screen.

Preset was realized with this settings in Game:

Advanced>Enhancements:

Dungeon ambient light: 0.3
Night ambient light: 0.5
Player torch light: 0.4

Advanced>Video:

Resolution: 1600x1024 and 5780x1080
Filed of view: 66
Terrain distance: 2
Shadow resolution: High

Dungeon Light Shadows: ON
Interior Light Shadows: ON
Exterior Light Shadows: ON

Mods>Post processing>settings:

NO Fxaa
Ambient occlusion enable
Intensity: 1.0
Radius: 0.4
Quality: medium
Depth of Field: OFF
Dithering: ON

Here the list of mods I'm using:

Post Processing, Enhanced Sky, Mountain and Hills, HD first person weapon textures, Vibrant Wind, Real Grass, Realtime Reflections, Handpainted models, Birds in Daggerfall, D.R.E.A.M. (cinematics, HuD, & Menu, Sound, music, npcs, commoners, Portraits, Sprites, textures, Mobs).

You are free to change, use, share this preset as you wish. Remember that the result you get from your system depends on your devices, settings, and tastes. ;)

May you walk always within the righteousness of the Nine.

:)

EDIT: 11/07/2019 updates and settings corrections
EDIT: 5/07/2019 updates of the ini "DaggerU15072019.ini"
Last edited by Worghern on Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

King of Worms

Re: [wip] Reshade 4.3.0 Dagger U Preset

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Im looking forward! Just careful about too much contrast ;) Less is more sometimes.
It must look really good on your ultrawide setup :geek:

Worghern

Post by Worghern »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:04 pm Thanks Im looking forward! Just careful about too much contrast ;) Less is more sometimes.
It must look really good on your ultrawide setup :geek:

Oh yeah, it's outstanding how it's working well ! :p

Yes, as preset is wip, some corrections will be bring. I have to test many atmosphere to find the right balance but the engine promise some good things, I'm impressed :)

PS: it's incredible all what you did for this game, couldn't imagine it in my dreams

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Keeping an eye on this thread, the Reshade preset looks really nice if but a tiny bit too much yellowness.

Worghern

Post by Worghern »

Hi mortal citizens of Nirn,

Update in single screen. After having traveled Illiac Bay along and across, I think I achieved the goal I had set for myself. I suggest the excellent "KoW - D.R.E.A.M." and "Handpainted model replacement project" mods that work perfectly with my preset. Could you tell me, please, here could I release the preset and instructions then settings if you are interesting for ?

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

off
on

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi :)

I was awaiting the update. Id like to see the preset and install instructions!

Its a great start and it looks good in most of the cases.

My opinion:
I think the sharpening should be reduced slightly (the screen with grass in fog, and some NPCs..)
And the day shots seem a bit too bright (like the overview of the city with a ocean behind it)

Pls share, I want to test it on my PC and I think others will welcome it as well!

Thank you ;)

Worghern

Post by Worghern »

EDIT: 15/07/2019 first post
Last edited by Worghern on Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Thanks for the preset and mod list, will be sure to use this for my setup too!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Worghern wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 pm Hi mortal citizens of Nirn,

With this preset, all is working fine: the game, the cinematics, the interface, the maps and the others menus. The game has to be played with the excellent mods "KOW D.R.E.A.M." and "Handpainted model replacement project" for the best immersion. As well the game has to be played in darkness. Check my settings below.

First, you have to download Reshade 4.3.0. (Version 4.3.0 was released on May 26th 2019)

https://reshade.me/

At the installation, you have to choose the following executable: daggerfallUnity.exe then select Directx 10 API. Check all the files and it's done.

Download the Preset right below (DaggerU07072019.ini) and place it at the root of the "Dagger Unity" folder where "DaggerfallUnity.exe" is.

https://www.4shared.com/file/2btYwRK-ee ... 72019.html?

In game choose my preset in the text field:

My Pc is:

i7 8700k 3.7 Ghz, eVga z370, 32Gb DDR4, eVga 980 GTX SC + ACX2.0 + 4Go DDR5, eVga Supernova 1000W, iiyama G-MASTER G2730HSU-B1 (x3)

The game rune with all mods and my Reshade preset around 130 fps in single screen.

Preset was realized with this settings in Game:

Advanced>Enhancements:

Dungeon ambient light: 0.3
Night ambient light: 04
Player torch light: 0.4

Advanced>Video:

Resolution: 1600x1024 and 5780x1080
Filed of view: 66
Terrain distance: 2
Shadow resolution: High

Dungeon Light Shadows: ON
Interior Light Shadows: ON
Exterior Light Shadows: ON

Mods>Post processing>settings:

NO Fxaa
Ambient occlusion enable
Intensity: 1.0
Radius: 0.4
Quality: medium
Depth of Field: ON
Dithering: ON

Here the list of mods I'm using:

Post Processing, Enhanced Sky, Vibrant Wind, Distant terrain, real Grass, Realtime Reflections, handpainted models, Birds in Daggerfall, DREAM (cinematics, HuD, & Menu, Sound, music, npcs, commoners, Portraits, Sprites, textures, Mobs), Mountain and Hills, Cleaned Soundclips, daggerfall remastered Music Project, HD first person weapon textures, Charcoal Ghosts

You are free to change, use, share this preset as you wish. Remember that the result you get from your system depends on your devices, settings, and tastes. ;)

May you walk always within the righteousness of the Nine.

:)
Thanks mate.

Just 2 things. U use Depth of Field on in postprocessing? Im quite sure it does not work.

2nd thing is mod list:
U use either distant terrain OR mountain and hills. Distant terrain looks better but is more HW demanding. Dont use both.

Than u use cleaned sound clips and daggerfall remastered music project. But u also use DREAM SOUNDS AND MUSIC. Dont do that. Dream sounds is just advanced Sound clips. And dream music is basically a Daggerfall remastered music project packed in a DFmod

Id suggest using only dream packages. Thats why I created it in coproduction with the authors of the standalone mods..plus the fact its a dfmod allowed me to set up the properties in more detail, so it should be more friendly to the engine and your PC...

So if I can ask, pls change the used mods description, so it does not confuse newcommers :)

Ps: using charcoal ghosts will rewrite the ghosts from dream. Not sure u want to do that. Dream ghosts have red eyes which glow in the dark. But its a matter of taste. Charcoal look really good as well.

Worghern

Post by Worghern »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:05 pm
Thanks mate.

Just 2 things. U use Depth of Field on in postprocessing? Im quite sure it does not work.

2nd thing is mod list:
U use either distant terrain OR mountain and hills. Distant terrain looks better but is more HW demanding. Dont use both.

Than u use cleaned sound clips and daggerfall remastered music project. But u also use DREAM SOUNDS AND MUSIC. Dont do that. Dream sounds is just advanced Sound clips. And dream music is basically a Daggerfall remastered music project packed in a DFmod

Id suggest using only dream packages. Thats why I created it in coproduction with the authors of the standalone mods..plus the fact its a dfmod allowed me to set up the properties in more detail, so it should be more friendly to the engine and your PC...

So if I can ask, pls change the used mods description, so it does not confuse newcommers :)

Ps: using charcoal ghosts will rewrite the ghosts from dream. Not sure u want to do that. Dream ghosts have red eyes which glow in the dark. But its a matter of taste. Charcoal look really good as well.

Hi KOW,

Grateful for the tips. This is what I expected for. As I really don't know the release time between each mods, you perfectly answer to many of my questions. Thank you ;)

Regards,

Worg