Releasing via NexusMods

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
l3lessed

Re: Releasing via NexusMods

Post by l3lessed »

Sweet. Can we release custom DFU builds also? I'm not building a seperate mod yet, but instead working with the base engine. I plan on transferring over to a seperate mod, but until I figure out if I can and get it build, can you provide a category of some type of complete engine rebuilds?
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:07 am Are you saying that .dfmod files that need to go into StreamingAssets/Mods need to be packaged differently? You only refer to loose files when most mods are already packaged into dfmod files.
I would assume that would also apply to dfmods as well. Packing it together like Mods>example.dfmod would be the way to do this. Though we'd probably have to include the Windows/Mac/Linux versions as separate downloads rather than the all in one pack like most do now.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Well this is amazing news for the DFU community and its mod creators. Thank you. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Just the top 4 downloaded mods have a total of 10 000 downloads, thats not bad Id say. About 2,5k downloads each ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I changed my quest pack to Vortex compatibility. Now I need to do so with the other two. Not bad.

BigBizkit

Post by BigBizkit »

Regarding .dfmod files having to be packaged differently:

No, I don't think so. As long as the folder structure I pointed out is followed it should just work.
Stefan, Community Manager @NexusMods.com

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

BigBizkit wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:33 am Good news, everyone!

We have created an extension for our mod manager Vortex which allows the seamless installation/uninstallation of mods for Daggerfall Unity. The extension is tested and will be included in the build soon.

That being said, if you are a mod author for Daggerfall Unity note the following:

Vortex will treat "Daggerfall Unity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets" as the game's mod folder.

So if you want your mod to be installed properly please pack it with that in mind. For example: if your mod contains quests, spell icons, and quest packs do this:

Create a "Quests", a "SpellIcons", and a "QuestPacks" folder and put the relevant files in the appropriate folder. Pack all those folders into a 7z file or similar and upload it to Nexus Mods.

That will ensure the mod is installed properly through Vortex.

An example of a mod that would work with Vortex due to the way it is packed is "D.R.E.A.M." by KingOfWormsDFU: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Thanks, guys! I am glad to see so many great mods for DFU already on our site!

Best regards,
Stefan
Thank you for doing this, it works fine on Vortex 1.0.5 with manually imported archives. The only issue i found is that i'm not able to enable Download with manager button on Nexus website; is this going to be added at a later time?
Attachments
file_details.png
file_details.png (34.58 KiB) Viewed 2779 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

The button has appeared 🎉

FieldsingAround

Post by FieldsingAround »

Checking in with folk, how is the community finding Nexus Mods, a little under 2 years since adopting the platform? Is there anything the community wants to see improved with the site or features?

(I will say that D.R.E.A.M. specifically is certainly doing well on nearly 60k downloads :D Impressive!)

Personally I think it'd be great to see a "Daggerfall December" modding event held on the site, in the vein of the Morrowind May Modathon. In the years since the Morrowind event started, it's certainly attracted a lot of attention to the Morrowind Modding community and brought renewed passion to the almost-20 year old game — with the past 3 years seeing (this year included) seeing over 230 mods released each year during the month, as part of the event.

Certainly great for the contributors to the event, who get various achievements based on their submissions, to display on their mod pages — and a good motivator for generating new content to keep the community engaged.

Is that something the community would be interested in? December is 6 months away, so there's plenty enough time to prepare an event like that.