Releasing via NexusMods

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
FieldsingAround

Re: Releasing via NexusMods

Post by FieldsingAround »

The Daggerfall Unity Nexus is starting to look really good! There's some great feedback on reddit — making plenty of people happy to see mod releases up on Nexus.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Let's hope those mod categories get implemented soon; they're certainly not necessary yet, but it's funny seeing everything listed as "Miscellaneous" ;) And great work stirring up interest on Reddit. This is a very good beginning.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Just a question, why the files Ive uploaded have this attribute?

Virus scan
Some files not scanned

How can I make those files tested?

Thank you!

BigBizkit

Post by BigBizkit »

FieldsingAround wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 am Thanks for reaching out Stefan!

Some standard categories would be great — most of the categories Morrowind has will be relevant to Daggerfall Unity — categories below would be immediately useful:

Audio - Music
Audio - SFX and Voices
Books and Scrolls
Guilds/Factions
Quests and Adventures
New Locations
Gameplay Effects and Changes
Modders Resources and Tutorials
Models and Textures
Overhauls
User Interface
Utilities
Thanks for that, I'll get these implemented when I am back in the office.

As for files not having been scanned for viruses: that would be because they exceed the file size limit for our scanner. We are, however, in the process of rebuilding the upload system and file scanning system - so that is subject to change.

Have a good weekend all!
Stefan, Community Manager @NexusMods.com

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Mods now have categories! Clever stuff! Thank you :)

FieldsingAround

Post by FieldsingAround »

Daggerfall Unity mods now also getting featured on Nexus Mods facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/nexussites/pho ... =1&theater

How is everyone finding the platform so far, a few weeks in?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Magnificent. I frequently update my Quest Pack files and the replacing process is a little clumsy, but I give the whole thing a 95/100.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I like it, I can upload loads of pictures of the mod, and I can easily see the numbers of downloads for each OS.
Also, the problems with ppl unable to download thru the MEGA links I have been using in the past are now sorted ofc

BigBizkit

Post by BigBizkit »

Good news, everyone!

We have created an extension for our mod manager Vortex which allows the seamless installation/uninstallation of mods for Daggerfall Unity. The extension is tested and will be included in the build soon.

That being said, if you are a mod author for Daggerfall Unity note the following:

Vortex will treat "Daggerfall Unity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets" as the game's mod folder.

So if you want your mod to be installed properly please pack it with that in mind. For example: if your mod contains quests, spell icons, and quest packs do this:

Create a "Quests", a "SpellIcons", and a "QuestPacks" folder and put the relevant files in the appropriate folder. Pack all those folders into a 7z file or similar and upload it to Nexus Mods.

That will ensure the mod is installed properly through Vortex.

An example of a mod that would work with Vortex due to the way it is packed is "D.R.E.A.M." by KingOfWormsDFU: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Thanks, guys! I am glad to see so many great mods for DFU already on our site!

Best regards,
Stefan
Stefan, Community Manager @NexusMods.com

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Are you saying that .dfmod files that need to go into StreamingAssets/Mods need to be packaged differently? You only refer to loose files when most mods are already packaged into dfmod files.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods