Releasing via NexusMods

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Jay_H

Re: Releasing via NexusMods

Post by Jay_H »

OpenMW and Morrowind mods are about 70% compatible right now, and that number is increasing. OpenMW is made to handle OG Morrowind's mods. DFU, in contrast, can't use Daggerfall's mods.

I think the important point is that there are, like, 5 Daggerfall mods on Nexus for now; I expect it to be rather frustrating for new players who can't discern what mods are for DFU and what are for DF, but presumably like 95% of the mods will eventually be DFU anyway. Hopefully that won't bother the existing users of Daggerfall Nexus.

The best solution would be a separate DFU section. These are all factors to take into decision-making.

BigBizkit

Post by BigBizkit »

Hi there,

I'm Stefan aka BigBizkit - Community Manager over at NexusMods.com.

We're very excited to see the Daggerfall Unity community considering coming over to our site, where - as has been stated by FieldsingAround - we already have created a home for the rest of the TES community over the last decade-plus.

I went ahead and added Daggerfall Unity to our database and it should now show up like this when you are trying to add a mod for it:

https://imgur.com/a/ddYE1tg

All that we need before we can approve the Daggerfall Unity section is one valid mod for the game uploaded by its creator, or with permission from its creator.

So, if you'd like to be first, go ahead ;)

We would certainly love to have you and we're happy to help out if you have any questions or concerns. We can also help set up proper mod categories, tags, etc. - just let me know!

Thanks and happy modding!
Stefan, Community Manager @NexusMods.com

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thank you for making the effort to reach out to us. It's clear that our participation on Nexus is something that matters to you :) I've uploaded my quest pack. The process was quite pleasant. A bit slow and methodical but since I'm new to it I'm sure I'll get better at it with time.

I just want to get clarification on one thing: I have an ironclad commitment as a DFU contributor to not be able to earn any money from my work for DFU. I've set all my permissions for my mod to prohibit me earning donations and so forth, but is there any way at all, in theory, I could be compensated for uploading my mods on Nexus? I want to make absolutely sure that is impossible.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:36 pm Thank you for making the effort to reach out to us. It's clear that our participation on Nexus is something that matters to you :) I've uploaded my quest pack. The process was quite pleasant. A bit slow and methodical but since I'm new to it I'm sure I'll get better at it with time.

I just want to get clarification on one thing: we have an ironclad commitment as DFU contributors to not be able to earn any money from our work for DFU. I've set all my permissions for my mod to prohibit me earning donations and so forth, but is there any way at all, in theory, I could be compensated for uploading my mods on Nexus? I want to make absolutely sure that is impossible.
Thats just not the case mate. You can get donations for your mod. It would be ok to keep those donations away from forums but thats about it.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've gone into my donations tab and disabled straight donations, premium membership donations, the donate button, and the donation point program. I'll assume it's airtight unless someone from Nexus says otherwise :geek:

BigBizkit

Post by BigBizkit »

Thanks, Jay! I just approved the game page for Daggerfall Unity: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity

As for your question: if you have opted out of the Donation Point system and if you are not displaying a donation option on your mod page(s) then there is no way you will get accidentally paid.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Looking forward to seeing more mods soon :)
Stefan, Community Manager @NexusMods.com

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That is good enough for me :) Thank you for your help! Let's see where this goes.

FieldsingAround

Post by FieldsingAround »

Thanks for reaching out Stefan!

Some standard categories would be great — most of the categories Morrowind has will be relevant to Daggerfall Unity — categories below would be immediately useful:

Audio - Music
Audio - SFX and Voices
Books and Scrolls
Guilds/Factions
Quests and Adventures
New Locations
Gameplay Effects and Changes
Modders Resources and Tutorials
Models and Textures
Overhauls
User Interface
Utilities

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im in the process of uploading and setting up a Dream mod at the Nexus..
This might help ppl who report problems with downloads using my MEGA links
I upload the last recent version - meaning the same RC5 which is now at the Dream forum pages
It will take some time tho.
RC6 will follow somewhere down the line.

PS: quite fitting 2000th posts - new age is coming I guess :lol:
its over 2000.jpg
its over 2000.jpg (32.17 KiB) Viewed 4698 times

FieldsingAround

Post by FieldsingAround »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:19 pm Im in the process of uploading and setting up a Dream mod at the Nexus..
This might help ppl who report problems with downloads using my MEGA links
I upload the last recent version - meaning the same RC5 which is now at the Dream forum pages
It will take some time tho.
RC6 will follow somewhere down the line.

PS: quite fitting 2000th posts - new age is coming I guess :lol:
its over 2000.jpg
That's fantastic news KoW! and congrats on 2000 posts.

I've also seen comments regarding the "sketchiness" of MEGA that puts people off — the move to Nexus should be more encouraging as it's widely trusted in the community.