Problem building mods with symbolic links

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
XJDHDR

Re: Problem building mods after migration to virtual mod format

Post by XJDHDR »

TheLacus wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:13 pm 1. When you create a new mod with the mod builder it asks you where to save the manifest file. Pick a subfolder of Assets/Game/Mods, for example Assets/Game/Mods/DREAM/DREAM.dfmod.json.
2. Select all the assets that should be shipped with the mod inside the mod builder and save. You don't need to build.
3. Launch the game with the play button and DREAM will be available as a virtual mod.
Can someone please add this to the Mod Features page? I saw that in the "Debug a mod" section, it explains how a virtual mod works but doesn't say how to make one. It was only after finding this post that I figured it out.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

XJDHDR wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:11 am
TheLacus wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:13 pm 1. When you create a new mod with the mod builder it asks you where to save the manifest file. Pick a subfolder of Assets/Game/Mods, for example Assets/Game/Mods/DREAM/DREAM.dfmod.json.
2. Select all the assets that should be shipped with the mod inside the mod builder and save. You don't need to build.
3. Launch the game with the play button and DREAM will be available as a virtual mod.
Can someone please add this to the Mod Features page? I saw that in the "Debug a mod" section, it explains how a virtual mod works but doesn't say how to make one. It was only after finding this post that I figured it out.
Done. :)

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

TheLacus wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:05 pm
XJDHDR wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:11 am Can someone please add this to the Mod Features page? I saw that in the "Debug a mod" section, it explains how a virtual mod works but doesn't say how to make one. It was only after finding this post that I figured it out.
Done. :)
Thank you. If you're willing to do another edit, I just spotted a typo after the text you added:
"Operations such as loading all assets from AssetBundle are ignored when running a virtual mod becuse assets are immediately available."