Modding Tutorials: World Data Overrides

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
joshcamas

Re: Modding Tutorials: World Data Overrides

Post by joshcamas »

I'm wanting to add a building to an existing city (Daggerfall). I'm wanting it to be considered a shop (orange in map) and have a name that shows up on the map + when you interact with the house.

I'm okay with modifying an existing shop, or adding my own.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

You can do that fairly easily by using the building replacement stuff, however this affects every location the block is used. Also the name is constructed from a seed, providing a custom name may need a bit more work but it's not something I've looked into.

If you want the shop to only be in daggerfall then you'd need to create a new RMB block with your shop and modify daggerfall to use that.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

joshcamas

Post by joshcamas »

Ahh gotcha. The issue I'm running into is getting the custom name, it looks like that might not be supported right now, sadly :((

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Please note that the example new location, the crypt Newarch Vaults, had incorrect values for some of the coordinate data. This was preventing the location from being found in the travel map properly. Thanks to Kamer for bringing this to my attention.

I've updated the test files zip on the first post and the annotated crypt location example on the second post.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods