Upscaled Paperdoll

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Hazelnut

Re: Upscaled Paperdoll

Post by Hazelnut »

I think it looks pretty good myself.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Corsair wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:34 pm
King of Worms wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:38 pm Honestly? That upscaling algo is really bad :)
I think it turned out alright for q quick experiment/mock up. Weren't you working on some upscales as well?
Yup I was. I did all the bodies using AI. You have this staircase effect going on on the legs and basically the whole body outline, and the details on the body are very blurry. Bad algo for this specific image. Try Lady algo, it was good... there are many to choose from.

Also this strange staircase effect will prevent u from aligning the body with some clothing like cloak interiors.

Anyway, just my opinion, I dont think its beneficial for anyone to sugarcoat anything :) I see bad algo used and not great results, I say it. It might help to produce better results down the line
Last edited by King of Worms on Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yeah a little bit around the edges of the paperdoll body but the rest of the UI is pretty nice.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:15 pm Yeah a little bit around the edges of the paperdoll body but the rest of the UI is pretty nice.
But thats my DREAM UI mate - completely.
We talk only the body and head here. And that is not good :) EDIT: I mean, it can be better ;)

Corsair

Post by Corsair »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:18 pm
Hazelnut wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:15 pm Yeah a little bit around the edges of the paperdoll body but the rest of the UI is pretty nice.
But thats my DREAM UI mate - completely.
We talk only the body and head here. And that is not good :) EDIT: I mean, it can be better ;)
I can handle criticism, but like I said previously, I'm still experimenting... until a day ago, I was still trying to figure out how to make them appear in-game. Now that I've crossed the bridge, I can experiment more seriously. This was just a trial/experiment, and for what that's worth, it's not too bad, all things considered. Always room for improvement.