How does Fatigue exactly work?

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
l3lessed

How does Fatigue exactly work?

Post by l3lessed »

I can't find documentation on this.

How exactly is fatigue computed? There is clearly two differing numbers. There is the smaller number that represents fatigue as a total of your strength and endurance ability. Then there is a second one used for actually tracking fatigue costs, that is much larger (Mine shows 8000+ when fully rested).

What is the conversion formula here that figures out the larger number from the stats?
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

numidium3rd

Re: How does Fatigue exactly work?

Post by numidium3rd »

In DaggerfallEntity.cs I found this:

Code: Select all

public int MaxFatigue { get { return (stats.LiveStrength + stats.LiveEndurance) * 64; } }
It appears that the fatigue number used behind the scenes is multiplied by 64 (to give it more granularity, I presume). If you have 8000 fatigue then 8000 / 64 = 125. Seems reasonable for a sum of STR and END.

l3lessed

Re: How does Fatigue exactly work?

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks. I knew it was some where, but was having issues tracking down this original formula and associated object.

This will help a ton as I move into adding a modern stamina system, on top of the fatigue system. I plan on doing a modern stamina system for managing attacking, running, and blocking. Fatigue will then be shifted into a more long term endurance type tribute, thinking along the lines of long term fitness/energy level. Just like in real life, the longer you keep up short burst of activity, the quicker your overall fitness/energy level goes down. Just some thoughts right now. I still have to get the parry module done before I move on to working on stats/armor stuff.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.