Need Others Help

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
l3lessed

Need Others Help

Post by l3lessed »

Hey Everyone, I'm working on creating a patch script file for my shield module, so it can work with other mods that use the attack formula override. However, I do not know every mod that has been released that touches this formula override.

Could everyone help me by just posting any mods they have used or developed that you know touch the CalculateAttackDamage formula override?

If you're unsure what object I'm speaking of, it's this routine used to calculate damage and return it to the engine.

Code: Select all

public static int CalculateAttackDamage(DaggerfallEntity attacker, DaggerfallEntity target, int enemyAnimStateRecord, int weaponAnimTime, DaggerfallUnityItem weapon)
I'm overriding it using the built in override method, and I need to ensure compatibility with mods that touch it too.

Code: Select all

FormulaHelper.RegisterOverride(ShieldFormulaHelper.ShieldFormulaHelperInstance, "CalculateAttackDamage", (Func<DaggerfallEntity, DaggerfallEntity, int, int, DaggerfallUnityItem, int>)ShieldFormulaHelper.CalculateAttackDamage);
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Ralzar

Re: Need Others Help

Post by Ralzar »

As I just posted in Magiconos thread. I made a PR for his mod specifically to make it work with the new chainmail armors in RP&R:Items.

https://github.com/magicono43/DFU-Mod_P ... aul/pull/1

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

My Harderfall Mod primarily touches this very method, but I wouldn't want to aim for compatibility with it due its simplicity.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I would think your users would want it even more. 100% hit chance would make shield all the more important.

You sure you don't want to patch for it? It literally is adding one script and its namespace, and then dropping in one block of code into a new formula-override method and activating it if my mod is detected.

If you don't want to, can I include a patch in my mode for it? It will make your mod not needed though, since it will just replicate defaulting hit chance to 100% every time in the formula. As you said, super simple. I just want to ensure I'm not taking other modder's work and users, as I know how much effort goes into this stuff.
Last edited by l3lessed on Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

By the way, your documentation/repo use is excellent ralzar. I got to get my stuff in order like yours. :P

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

l3lessed wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:05 pm I would think your users would want it even more. 100% hit chance would make shield all the more important.

You sure you don't want to patch for it? It literally is adding one script and its namespace, and then dropping in one block of code into a new formula-override method and activating it if my mod is detected.

If you don't want to, can I include a patch in my mode for it? It will make your mode not needed though, since it will just replicate defaulting hit chance to 100% every time in the formula. As you said, super simple. I just want to ensure I'm not taking other modders work and users, as I know how much effort goes into this stuff.
Sure thing, I'll patch it :) and yes you can also include the patch for your mode as well. If the code I write for the engine is licensed under MIT, so is the code for my mods (unless stated otherwise).
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

l3lessed wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:07 pm By the way, your documentation/repo use is excellent ralzar. I got to get my stuff in order like yours. :P
Would you believe it's all through the web browser and drag-n-drop? :D

Whenever I update the nexus file I drag-n-drop the same script files into my repository.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:26 pm
l3lessed wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:07 pm By the way, your documentation/repo use is excellent ralzar. I got to get my stuff in order like yours. :P
Would you believe it's all through the web browser and drag-n-drop? :D

Whenever I update the nexus file I drag-n-drop the same script files into my repository.
Urgh, It works I know, but commits and pushes are really easy with GitHub desktop.. then you get a much better code history.

(am I becoming a nag, Ral? ;) )
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:00 pm (am I becoming a nag, Ral? ;) )
(Always Hazel ;) )