New to modding Df. Trying to Learn how to edit paper dolls.

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
foley

New to modding Df. Trying to Learn how to edit paper dolls.

Post by foley »

I have tried reading the tutorials that I can find but I can't figure out how this works because when I tried to follow the steps I was getting completely different results so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and the instructions refer to prerequisite steps that I am unsure about.

I have Daggerfall imaging 2 & Unity installed and grabbed the required files using GitHub Desktop. I exported the BODY07I0.IMG folder but can't find out how to import it or make it readable ingame. I'm unsure how loose files work.

imsobadatnicknames

Re: New to modding Df. Trying to Learn how to edit paper dolls.

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

foley wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:22 am I have tried reading the tutorials that I can find but I can't figure out how this works because when I tried to follow the steps I was getting completely different results so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and the instructions refer to prerequisite steps that I am unsure about.

I have Daggerfall imaging 2 & Unity installed and grabbed the required files using GitHub Desktop. I exported the BODY07I0.IMG folder but can't find out how to import it or make it readable ingame. I'm unsure how loose files work.
If you want to import them as loose files, simply putting them inside StreamingAssets/Textures with the right filenames should do the trick. If you're trying to pack them inside a .dfmod file, that's a little more complicated and I'm not sure how to do it, but Im sure King of Worms or any other user who's worked with texture replacements can help.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

foley

Post by foley »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:48 am
foley wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:22 am I have tried reading the tutorials that I can find but I can't figure out how this works because when I tried to follow the steps I was getting completely different results so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and the instructions refer to prerequisite steps that I am unsure about.

If you want to import them as loose files, simply putting them inside StreamingAssets/Textures with the right filenames should do the trick. If you're trying to pack them inside a .dfmod file, that's a little more complicated and I'm not sure how to do it, but Im sure King of Worms or any other user who's worked with texture replacements can help.
Yes, I assumed it worked similar to the other games that used BSA format but that's what I was having trouble with..

I exported the file as PNG and it came out as multiple folders, IMG Library/PNG/BODY0710.IMG (IMG file)/0-0. I'm not sure which folder to place into the directory or texture folder to make it work. I tried several combinations and it didn't work; can't figure out what I did wrong.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

U must rename the 0-0 file to the name of the folder

So

Body07I0.IMG.PNG
etc

Now take this beauty and place it in the

Streaming assets/textures/Img

..should appear in your game.

And it will look like a crap. Each body has nude and nonnude version. These must be pixel-perfect the same. So I suggest you save the nude and non nude from a same image. Just make sure they are the same...

So to make it simple, this is example of the working nude + nonude body, where they are the same (so basically both nude)
Spoiler!
BODY00I1.IMG.png
BODY00I1.IMG.png (202.7 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
BODY00I0.IMG.png
BODY00I0.IMG.png (202.7 KiB) Viewed 1183 times

foley

Post by foley »

OK, I see how it works now. Got my custom textures working without any problems.
Thanks a lot for the help. =)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

You are welcomed ;)