Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Siwone
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:33 am

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by Siwone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 pm

TheLacus wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:07 pm
Thank you for report, there is an issue with current build which causes imported npcs not to be assigned this component. I submitted a fix for next build.
Nice to see such a quick reaction. Good to know the problem wasn't on my end.

User avatar
TheLacus
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by TheLacus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm

I've added console commands add_weapon, add_armor and add_clothing; they should make easier to test texture replacements for these items. The arguments are enum values from EntityEnums.cs and ItemEnums.cs. For example add_weapon Wakazashi Dwarven is a valid input for add_weapon {Weapons} {WeaponMaterialTypes}. Remember that you can use help command_name to print use instructions.
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.

User avatar
MasonFace
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by MasonFace » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:49 pm

I'm trying to get the Ghosts to render as transparent.

I've tried the following XML:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<info>
	<renderMode>Transparent</renderMode>
</info>


I've saved this XML file as 273_0-0.xml and have included it in a .dfmod package.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to give the effect I was expecting. It looks like the ghost is completely disappearing during that frame. All other frames look like the normal opaque render mode.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I also need to set its alpha value? Also, is there a way to create an XML file that applies properties to all frames of an archive?

Thanks.

User avatar
King of Worms
Posts: 2542
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Scourg Barrow (CZ)
Contact:

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by King of Worms » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:18 pm

TheLacus wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm
I've added console commands add_weapon, add_armor and add_clothing; they should make easier to test texture replacements for these items. The arguments are enum values from EntityEnums.cs and ItemEnums.cs. For example add_weapon Wakazashi Dwarven is a valid input for add_weapon {Weapons} {WeaponMaterialTypes}. Remember that you can use help command_name to print use instructions.
Is this already implemented?
Because none of these commands work

Ive tryed
add_weapon Wakazashi Dwarven
help command_name

User avatar
TheLacus
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by TheLacus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:47 pm

MasonFace wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:49 pm
I'm trying to get the Ghosts to render as transparent.

I've tried the following XML:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<info>
	<renderMode>Transparent</renderMode>
</info>


I've saved this XML file as 273_0-0.xml and have included it in a .dfmod package.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to give the effect I was expecting. It looks like the ghost is completely disappearing during that frame. All other frames look like the normal opaque render mode.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I also need to set its alpha value? Also, is there a way to create an XML file that applies properties to all frames of an archive?

Thanks.
This property applies to all textures in a archive. I wonder if the issue is that the first frame fails to load and only the xml file is seen. Things were working when i tested them, but could you check the log for any message related to the asset being loaded?
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.

User avatar
TheLacus
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by TheLacus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 pm

King of Worms wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:18 pm
TheLacus wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm
I've added console commands add_weapon, add_armor and add_clothing; they should make easier to test texture replacements for these items. The arguments are enum values from EntityEnums.cs and ItemEnums.cs. For example add_weapon Wakazashi Dwarven is a valid input for add_weapon {Weapons} {WeaponMaterialTypes}. Remember that you can use help command_name to print use instructions.
Is this already implemented?
Because none of these commands work

Ive tryed
add_weapon Wakazashi Dwarven
help command_name
I confirm they are functional. Note that command_name is not the name of a command but what you have to replace with the name of a command.
Attachments
Wakazashi Dwarven.png
Wakazashi Dwarven.png (26.1 KiB) Viewed 2250 times
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.

User avatar
King of Worms
Posts: 2542
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Scourg Barrow (CZ)
Contact:

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by King of Worms » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:36 pm

What should I exactly type to get this dwarven weapon pls?

And what should I exactly type to get that help?

Thos isnt exactly self explanatory.. 😂

User avatar
TheLacus
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by TheLacus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:25 pm

King of Worms wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:36 pm
What should I exactly type to get this dwarven weapon pls?

And what should I exactly type to get that help?

Thos isnt exactly self explanatory.. 😂
First of all make sure you are synced to latest changes on github (or at least to 16 August commits).

Then you can use the command add_weapon Wakazashi Dwarven and the item will appear in the inventory.
There is nothing special about help add_weapon, it's the same as all console commands ;)
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.

User avatar
MasonFace
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by MasonFace » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:52 am

Here is the log after I spawned the ghost.

Code: Select all

> cm 18
 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

Created Ghost on team Undead
 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

Adding bundle [Wizard Rend] 1929274880
 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

Removing bundle [Wizard Rend] 1929274880
 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 7)

Unloading 1300 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 10135.
Total: 108.666100 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.343600 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.341800 ms MarkObjects: 104.063300 ms  DeleteObjects: 1.916800 ms)

Setting up 4 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 3140 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 4e0 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 3a1c -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 2fd0 -> priority: 1 
  
This is the end of the log. Nothing before it seems to mention anything related to it, but I've uploaded the log in just in case.
output_log.rar
(6.57 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
I'm using DFTFU 1.8.2. I will upgrade it tonight and try to test it how tomorrow evening to see if that fixes it.

Also, I've packaged the Ghost Frames and XML file if that helps you debug. Transparent Ghost Test

User avatar
TheLacus
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Modding Tutorials: Asset-Injection

Post by TheLacus » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:25 pm

MasonFace wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:52 am
Also, I've packaged the Ghost Frames and XML file if that helps you debug. Transparent Ghost Test
Texture 273_0-0 is not included in the package above, but there is an issue with billboard scale. Will be fixed for the next build :)
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.

Post Reply