Replacement model doesn't override DFU's door detection logic

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
XJDHDR

Replacement model doesn't override DFU's door detection logic

Post by XJDHDR »

I was fixing a reported problem for my mod "Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes" but I'm having some difficulties doing so.

Some time ago, Pango reported this problem where the entrance to a dungeon gave a "house has nothing of value" type message when activating the left door. This was because the left door was using a texture archive that is not valid for dungeon doors. I tried to fix this in my mod by creating a new model for that building that uses texture archive 56 for both of the doors, which is valid.

However, after I loaded this replacement model into my game, I found that the problem I was trying to fix didn't go away. The left door was still giving me the same message as before even though my model was now using the correct texture for that door. This leads me to believe that when DFU checks models for door textures, it is checking the vanilla model rather than the mod added one.

I then found these instructions for exterior doors on replacement models and gave it a try. I created a new planar mesh in Blender, placed it in front of the old door and gave it the same door texture. I then gave that planar a collision and made it transparent. Unfortunately, this didn't help. The game still seems to be reading it's door info from the vanilla model.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have attached the model I have created below. Thanks.
Model with planar added.zip
(67.36 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Ferital

Re: Replacement model doesn't override DFU's door detection logic

Post by Ferital »

I just fixed it using DFU integrated ARCH3D patch, see the corrsponding PR.

However concerning the model replacement issue, I can't help you since I'm not familiar at all with this part of the code.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Thanks for fixing the original model. I would still like to find out how to make my door work though for next time.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Bump