[0.11.0] StartingLock doesn't work on OBJ door models

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
XJDHDR

[0.11.0] StartingLock doesn't work on OBJ door models

Post by XJDHDR »

To add to the list of OBJ related bugs I've found in DFU so far (viewtopic.php?p=51357#p51357 and https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/1995), I've just found another.

I was replacing the model for one of the magically locked doors in Daggerfall city's castle. While doing so, I found that if the replacement model is provided as an OBJ model, I can just activate the door to open it without talking to the guard. If provided as an FBX, activating the door gives the message that the door is magically locked as expected. In both cases, talking to the guard causes the replaced door to open. The OBJ just isn't locked to begin with

I suspect that what is going on here is that some part of DFU that controls either the lock level of the door or what happens when the player activates the door only checks the root of the prefab and doesn't look at any of the prefab's children.

You can reproduce this bug using the files in the archive I attached. Load the RDB and one of the prefabs into the game however you wish. Just rename whichever prefab you're testing to "80001.prefab" first.
OBJ door bug files.zip
(555.33 KiB) Downloaded 66 times