daggerfall in-game bestiary?

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
King of Worms

Re: daggerfall in-game bestiary?

Post by King of Worms »

Well you cant provide additional frames as a loose files. For example the bear from the archive you provided - he is also in the daggerfall gamefiles but its not used.. If you export the frames, rename it to the 259 (the number of current bear used by DFU) and place it in streaming assets it will not work. I was aware that for example this mob has higher frame count than the bear which is used in DFU, but its currently not possible to use it.

Thats why its surprising to me, you can load these files in DFU and it will work....

I think the solution is for Interkarma or the core devs to allow us for higher frame counts...

Yes, you MAYBE can use the higher frame count files you have shown, and than let the mod overwrite them, and MAYBE this will result in a higher frame rate and higher resolution mob. And maybe not... Its not the way to go IMO.

agris

Post by agris »

Kamer wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:25 pm I just replaced the files in my Arena2 folder.

You can find some pretty cool stuff in there.
I haven't booted up the demo, but do the player's first person attack animations have more frames as well?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

agris wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 pm
Kamer wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:25 pm I just replaced the files in my Arena2 folder.

You can find some pretty cool stuff in there.
I haven't booted up the demo, but do the player's first person attack animations have more frames as well?
Sadly no, the only weapon animations I found that were any different were this bow animation.
Attachments
WEAPON09.CIF (CIF File).rar
(62.67 KiB) Downloaded 73 times