Pls help me debug this script for Dynamic Paperdoll Backgrounds

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
King of Worms

Re: Pls help me debug this script for Dynamic Paperdoll Backgrounds

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot, its working now, thats great. I really needed to solve this one and move on from it :lol:

After the mod is built in Unity, I get this error msg, its not breaking anything, just maybe hinting towards some minor issue?
Assets\Game\Addons\My Mod\HUD & MENU\TODBackgrounds.cs(248,22): warning CS0414: The field 'TODBackgrounds.topWindowIsTradeWindow' is assigned but its value is never used
You can see the link to the Git where the script is located at the opening post, if its needed for anything. Thank you!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Only thing which was never fully implemented was, to make the dynamic background change to SNOW when the season is winter... that would be a great addition if anyone can pull it out.

You dont have to think about Desert having no snow, if there is winter season in the desert, I will make the background not have any snow, problem solved.

Indeed having SNOW DAY / SNOW NIGHT would be ideal. Not sure if anyone is up for this task....

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

You can ignore that warning (or //comment out line 248 to make it go away).

Apparently the author added that line but then changed their mind, as it doesn't do anything.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks Danny for fixing this.

Yeah, if you develop using 2019 studio and the DFU project file, it would of caught that wrong instance syntax for you.

As for fixing the bigger issue with the werebeast background and making it dynamic, I did drop that. I got focused on other things. Maybe once I finish patching Dream weapon sprites and their smooth animations, I'll come back and take a go again at fixing the werebeast background.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I3lessed, no need for that werewolf thing, eff that. Im ok with how it is now, it works, I dont need that dynamic werebeast background, its so minor.

Adding the winter season to the dynamic backgrounds would be great tho...

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I can take a look at the winter thing when I have some time in the next week or so. I think I should finish patching your DREAM Weapon sprites for ambidexterity module in the next week, if my schedule doesn't get slammed by wife and life stuff.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.