Cannot find my Mod in DFU

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Daniel87

Re: Cannot find my Mod in DFU

Post by Daniel87 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:36 am I get the same error when I try the dfmod's you built, but not when I use the dfmod I built on my windows pc using unity 2019.4.10f1.

Opening the dfmod in an editor I can see that you built them using unity 2019.4.21f1 which is not the current version DFU is on. I would suggest trying the exact unity version, although you may need to use unity hub to install - I can't find a direct link for that version on Linux. Pango did though: https://download.unity3d.com/download_u ... 019.4.10f1

I have no idea why a minor version difference would break the dfmod building, but I know that people do run into issues unless they use the exact same unity version.
Downloaded that version and built the mod again. Same problem :(
In Julianos we Trust.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

No idea what else I can do to help. Have built the latest version of your code on my windows machine and attached the dfmods here. Also have a pic of the build UI screen and the settings I used.

Had to use 7z for linux because of size limits on files.
Attachments
WObuild.JPG
WObuild.JPG (81.08 KiB) Viewed 992 times
WO-build-linux.7z
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
WO-build-osx.zip
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
WO-build-win.zip
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:56 pm No idea what else I can do to help. Have built the latest version of your code on my windows machine and attached the dfmods here. Also have a pic of the build UI screen and the settings I used.

Had to use 7z for linux because of size limits on files.
Thank you Hazelnut!

I can't believe it! It works!
I guess my NTFS SSD was the problem. Maybe it would work if I formatted it EXT3.
After relocating the project to my root SSD and removing the check from Precompile, it suddenly worked! Yay!
Now I can finally tackle the shootingstar and firefly bug.

So this can now be marked with a big fat [RESOLVED] :D
Again thank you very much for assisting me all the way with this, Hazelnut!
In Julianos we Trust.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

No problem man, I felt your pain (and saw your commit comments :lol:) so glad I could help. We've all been there, anyone who's done any significant programming has had these situations where the keyboard and screen are at risk of damage because it should work damn it! :twisted:

So when you get the chance it would be good to know whether the issue was NTFS on linux (doubtful IMO), paths (maybe lengths), or pre-compile option.

Love your mod, and look forward to using it with roads soon! :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:31 pm No problem man, I felt your pain (and saw your commit comments :lol:) so glad I could help. We've all been there, anyone who's done any significant programming has had these situations where the keyboard and screen are at risk of damage because it should work damn it! :twisted:

So when you get the chance it would be good to know whether the issue was NTFS on linux (doubtful IMO), paths (maybe lengths), or pre-compile option.

Love your mod, and look forward to using it with roads soon! :D
Amen, my friend!
I can't really tell for sure yet what the reason was but it might become more clear over time, when shit the programm around.
I believe it could be a mix of using the wrong Unity version, checking precompiled and possibly the SSD that is NTFS, has a freakin weird path name and makes trouble besides of Unity.
Since Unity is on that SSD, after boot I don't see the Unity Icon in the doc, since mounting somehow takes a bit too long and the icon file is not ready when all icons are being loaded. Sometimes the SSD is not listed right away with the other hard drives, etc. There is definitely something off with this one and I will soon format it to be ext3. Hope that solves any small hickups it has given me over the time :D

Looking forward to resume work on my mod, that is actually resulting in progress. Hopefully soon I can put a test build out there to see what errors and problems users of different OS run into and where it can be improved.
In Julianos we Trust.