How can I create mod setting presets?

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Daniel87

How can I create mod setting presets?

Post by Daniel87 »

Hi folks!

Since playing my mod together with Interesting Eroded Terrain, Real Grass 2, Basic Roads and DREAM looks amazing, I was wondering how I can create a settings preset for the best color picks of Real Grass 2 to perfectly blend with my mod. I will show you some screenshots that might say more than a thousand words I could write here.

Before mentioned mods with Real Grass 2 using standard settings

Real Grass 2 with my personal favorite settings I want to bake into a preset.
In Julianos we Trust.

TheLacus

Re: How can I create mod setting presets?

Post by TheLacus »

See section Presets here. ;)

Real grass colors are blended depending on in-game day to improve transition between seasons. I should probably add an option to have fixed colors instead.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

That is gorgeous. I want that preset for sure.

Now, once we get some mods for wilderness quests and activities, exploring Daggerfall will be a whole new experience.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

TheLacus wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:11 pm See section Presets here. ;)

Real grass colors are blended depending on in-game day to improve transition between seasons. I should probably add an option to have fixed colors instead.
My big thanks goes out to you again! I knew its out there but I sometimes get a bit confused where to find the part of modding tutorials I am looking for.
I always remember there is a lot of content on the website but also here in the forum.
Thanks again! <3
In Julianos we Trust.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

l3lessed wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:41 pm That is gorgeous. I want that preset for sure.

Now, once we get some mods for wilderness quests and activities, exploring Daggerfall will be a whole new experience.
Thank you!
Yes, I TOTALLY agree! Can't wait for daggerfalls gigantic game world to become alive!
Still have to put a lot of work in my mod. Right now I only finished the temperate climate as prototype. From here it might go a bit faster, but there are huge huge huge performance issues with my mod still, so there is no way for me around refactoring my code, commenting it properly, so other modders can help me find flaws and improvement capacities and simplify features that make only a small gameplay impact, but cause a bigger performance drop, which is not worth the slight improvement.
In Julianos we Trust.