Rescaling Nature Billboards

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Daniel87

Rescaling Nature Billboards

Post by Daniel87 »

Hey guys,

I know I have asked this before, but recently I came across a conversation from Hazelnut and somebody else, I forgot who - about scaling billboards. Although I didn't know the exact context and if it's also concerning nature billoards, I think I remember Hazelnut mentioning that he got it working to rescale NPC billboards.

So now I wondered if the same might be possible with Nature billboards? BillboardBatch.AddItem() only allows scale and size for custom materials, not sure how to pretend the original nature billboards are custom, so I can actually utilize this overloaded constructor.
In Julianos we Trust.

l3lessed

Re: Rescaling Nature Billboards

Post by l3lessed »

Ignore me. Sorry, this was for npc flats, not nature flats. I'm trying to see if I can find a way to access them though.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

It does seem the nature billboard batch info is being passed through and saved in the streaming world class.

I think I found it in the DaggerfallLocation script class. If I'm understanding the code right, you should be able to pull the DaggerfallLocation using the StreamingWorld script class. From there, you can pull the location summary and then the NatureBillboardBatch.

Code: Select all

public struct LocationSummary
        {
	    public DaggerfallBillboardBatch NatureBillboardBatch;
        }
*Edit*
Well, that isn't helpful, it doesn't give access to the current billboards in the terrain. I imagine, as you already seem to be implying, this needs to be done on terrain generation.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

l3lessed wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:10 pm It does seem the nature billboard batch info is being passed through and saved in the streaming world class.

I think I found it in the DaggerfallLocation script class. If I'm understanding the code right, you should be able to pull the DaggerfallLocation using the StreamingWorld script class. From there, you can pull the location summary and then the NatureBillboardBatch.

Code: Select all

public struct LocationSummary
        {
	    public DaggerfallBillboardBatch NatureBillboardBatch;
        }
*Edit*
Well, that isn't helpful, it doesn't give access to the current billboards in the terrain. I imagine, as you already seem to be implying, this needs to be done on terrain generation.
Yep, exactly as you said in your last edit. At ITerrainNature.cs would be the place to do it, but from there it seems I don't have to toolset for this.
In Julianos we Trust.