Need professional advice on a tile texturing problem

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Daniel87

Re: Need professional advice on a tile texturing problem

Post by Daniel87 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:50 pm Shader issues turned out to be an issue with a path on my machine, so if you have a reason to keep the shader it works fine on AMD. That was a bad conclusion of mine. :oops:

I found another issue that can occur if the first run of layout nature finds a tile allowing nature in the first run though because vegetationChance is not initialised. I'll submit a PR with a fix for you.

Dirt tracks pained by the roads mod sometimes conflict with your dirt patches, not sure why this is since the integration of roads I did should ensure you leave all the tiles painted by roads mod as they are, and the painting assigns tiles from the plain ones for most seamless look. (tho it's not perfect) I'm not familiar with your code so I am just guessing here, but I think maybe it's manipulating adjacent tiles or something? Here's an example screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about. The blue areas are caused by my mod but the yellow parts are not what I expected. It's not a critical issue, so it can be left but thought I should mention it in case you can easily correct it.
Thanks for the PR!
I forgot, which mode is doing the first pass for tile texturing, was it mine or yours?
It looks a bit weird, as if both are trying to texture the same MapPixel and conflict. My mod is using its own LookupTable and LookupRegistry. So it takes the 3 bordering tile types and decides based on that which texture to take from the LookupTable. But I think it's not really a big issue, as you said yourself. Let's leave it for now :)
In Julianos we Trust.