Is it possible to create a test dungeon?

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
King of Worms

Is it possible to create a test dungeon?

Post by King of Worms »

Id like to have a test dungeon which will have all textures and its variants? So I can go thru and see all the textures and can tweak em some more.

Hazelnut

Re: Is it possible to create a test dungeon?

Post by Hazelnut »

Soon I will be releasing a dungeon block editor so you will be able to make a test dungeon like you want by using that. It's based off the code for UVs building editor if you've ever used that - it uses unity scene view.

The code is done, but I need to write a tutorial and also all of the models etc are being categorised for ease of adding by Cliffworms - this is a big job so it may be a while before this is complete.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Sounds awesome! Not only because of my use case. This might be for completely new dungeons, or revamped old ones I guess? Looking forward!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Soon, soon! :)

I have around 1100 models listed so far, most of them from Bad Luck Burt's own list. (Thank you very much for this, Burt.)

There are still many RDBs to analyze for new models. After that, I'll categorize them so features like corridors, rooms, clutter can have their own categories.

I can't wait to see what community dungeons will be created with this. 8-)