Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
- Posts: 2867
- Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:46 pm
I'm going to pin this, so it doesn't keep getting lost. It's far too useful to allow that to happen.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:43 am
Not sure if this is going to be useful, but here's a few programmes that can do the same functions of palettising images:
- Image Analyzer -- generally good at palettising with very accurate colour matches, but cannot apply dithering*. Palettes must be saved as JASC and imported into a hi/truecolor image to palettise.
- mtPaint -- slightly less accurate colour matches but offers a variety of dithering options. Palettes can be loaded directly from images
- GrafX2 -- palette editing with the option to copy colour ranges, for palette swap/remap.