New Quest actions - enhancing classic

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Interkarma

Re: New Quest actions - enhancing classic

Post by Interkarma » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:13 pm

The changes I made to "create foe" will generate initial foe a random amount of time between 0 to spawn interval (which is measured in game seconds internally). They might appear instantly or at the end of the interval value.

I agree it would be useful to specify "immediately" to make that first spawn happen right away for dramatic effect. Just in the interim, here are some workarounds.

For a one-off spawn (e.g. the necromancer in my example quest), the following should spawn it instantly.

Code: Select all

create foe _bigbad_ every 0 minutes 1 times with 100% success
If you then need subsequent foes, you could start a timer running immediately after the above initial spawn and have the timer trigger next wave of spawns in the usual way.

I know it's not ideal. I'll look at adding an "immediately" qualifier or something similar. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:32 pm

No, if 0 minutes works as a parameter, that's exactly what I need. I'm using a single instant spawn and a delayed repeated spawn, so I don't need any further adjustments. I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: This is exactly what I wanted. Nothing more needed! Thank you!
ON HIATUS. Will be difficult to find.
Come join the Unofficial Daggerfall Unity Discord.
See the Daggerfall Unity Wiki on the UESP.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know Jay. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:43 am

Another suggestion that occurred to me: what about the ability to pass time? Take this example:

"You give in to their request. The probing spell doesn't last long, but you are knocked unconscious by a loud shrill sound in your mind. When you come to a few hours later, the elder speaks to you."

Then a quest action could pass time by 2 hours to represent it.

I know everyone has way bigger priorities, so I just wanted to get this on the suggestions list :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Sat May 18, 2019 7:40 pm

How about the ability to determine the material of a quest weapon? Perhaps "Item _weap_ weapon 5" could link to material 5, which would be Dwarven. The game could choose among the weapons available, granting a degree of randomness to the quest rewards, while locking in the material.

Another step could be determining a specific magic effect on an item. "magic_item 10" could be items that cast Levitation, for example.