New Quest actions - enhancing classic

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Interkarma

Re: New Quest actions - enhancing classic

Post by Interkarma »

The changes I made to "create foe" will generate initial foe a random amount of time between 0 to spawn interval (which is measured in game seconds internally). They might appear instantly or at the end of the interval value.

I agree it would be useful to specify "immediately" to make that first spawn happen right away for dramatic effect. Just in the interim, here are some workarounds.

For a one-off spawn (e.g. the necromancer in my example quest), the following should spawn it instantly.

Code: Select all

create foe _bigbad_ every 0 minutes 1 times with 100% success
If you then need subsequent foes, you could start a timer running immediately after the above initial spawn and have the timer trigger next wave of spawns in the usual way.

I know it's not ideal. I'll look at adding an "immediately" qualifier or something similar. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No, if 0 minutes works as a parameter, that's exactly what I need. I'm using a single instant spawn and a delayed repeated spawn, so I don't need any further adjustments. I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: This is exactly what I wanted. Nothing more needed! Thank you!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know Jay. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Another suggestion that occurred to me: what about the ability to pass time? Take this example:

"You give in to their request. The probing spell doesn't last long, but you are knocked unconscious by a loud shrill sound in your mind. When you come to a few hours later, the elder speaks to you."

Then a quest action could pass time by 2 hours to represent it.

I know everyone has way bigger priorities, so I just wanted to get this on the suggestions list :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

How about the ability to determine the material of a quest weapon? Perhaps "Item _weap_ weapon 5" could link to material 5, which would be Dwarven. The game could choose among the weapons available, granting a degree of randomness to the quest rewards, while locking in the material.

Another step could be determining a specific magic effect on an item. "magic_item 10" could be items that cast Levitation, for example.