Light sources (in-game)

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Interkarma

Re: Light sources (in-game)

Post by Interkarma » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:36 pm

Hazelnut wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:37 pm
(imagining pouring it over head and then running through the dungeon as a human torch... not really befitting a great hero of the Illiac Bay! :cry: )
:lol:

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:52 am

Could there be a console setting to adjust the light sources duration? Like a Set_LightDuration where a value like 0.7 or 1.5 is used as a multiplier for the base duration? And maybe a Set_LightRange too? I often find that the range of light sources is just too short, given some rooms and corridors in Daggerfall...

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:43 pm

I'm extending the range of the light sources. I have no plans to create console commands for adjusting duration and ranges. Both aspects for each item are configured in the item templates config file. When the game is released I will post instructions for modifying these. Prior to release I would prefer that eveyone is testing the defaults and also not posting bugs because they don't have updates to the file due to copying over modified versions from previous builds.

Have updated the first post accordingly.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods