Vampirism & Lycanthropy & Potions

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
BansheeXYZ

Re: Vampirism & Lycanthropy & Potions

Post by BansheeXYZ »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:39 pm I don't see why anyone wouldn't want the different icons, especially if they existed in unused classic data.
I'd personally use the mod, but it is changing the art, albeit internally. Too bad there's only 10, because that means you still don't know what potion it is by looking at the icon, you just have a better guess.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:46 pm I'd personally use the mod, but it is changing the art, albeit internally. Too bad there's only 10, because that means you still don't know what potion it is by looking at the icon, you just have a better guess.
Guess it's up to the devs as to which broadly popular QoL improvements (e.g. the recent removal of the spellbook, with which I also agree) merit another option in the DFU settings. Personally I don't think either of these changes do, but I understand there might be a few diehard purists out there who actually feel strongly about changes like this to classic.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:51 pm
BansheeXYZ wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:46 pm I'd personally use the mod, but it is changing the art, albeit internally. Too bad there's only 10, because that means you still don't know what potion it is by looking at the icon, you just have a better guess.
Guess it's up to the devs as to which broadly popular QoL improvements (e.g. the recent removal of the spellbook, with which I also agree) merit another option in the DFU settings. Personally I don't think either of these changes do, but I understand there might be a few diehard purists out there who actually feel strongly about changes like this to classic.
I didn't remove the spellbook. I fixed the bug.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:07 pm I didn't remove the spellbook. I fixed the bug.
OK, thanks for clarifying.