Vampirism & Lycanthropy & Potions

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Interkarma

Re: Vampirism & Lycanthropy & Potions

Post by Interkarma »

Maybe it's just an inworld "flavour" thing - "well, I put all these things in a bottle and made something guys!"

I don't have any strong feelings either way about creating a junk item vs. just saying player failed.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I'd personally prefer just a failure message, but I guess that would be a diversion from classic.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

So all classic potions are now creatable and drinkable! :D

Decided to not create unknown potion items, but just give a failure message. Only the first recipe for each potion (if you look at UESP) is actually valid for classic potions - same for DFU.

Oh yeah, and potions of the same type now stack! :geek:

Next steps: prove mods can add recipes and enable mixing from recipe parchments found.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

This is huge! And I'm always going on about UI improvements, and same-type potion stacking is definitely big. Thanks for all your work.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Cool stuff! Only a couple comments and suggestions on this:

1. There are something like 20 recipes you can find in the game. This many parchments creates quite a bit of clutter in the inventory, and it's also difficult to see if a recipe you found is a duplicate of one you already have. I think this warrants considering a "Recipe Book" on the character that the parchments are inscribed into. This seems like something that could be a shipped option since it's an important prerequisite to crafting mods that are going to have far more than 20 recipes. It's also not changing the art or gameplay in some subjective way, it's just making it easier to manage recipes.

2. I don't think it's worth the trouble for there be a way to unstack within your own backpack. I do however think that attempting to drop or sell a stack should bring up a "how many?" window where you type in the quantity. This would split the stack into a different area (the drop or sell area). Note that I haven't really tested stacks yet, so I don't know what happens when you try to sell or drop them... Maybe it does this already.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Really like the "recipe book" idea. Unless I'm missing something in latest builds, as in classic, the "Notebook" control/window is still useless in DFU. Maybe this control/window could be at least partially repurposed for recipe tracking functions?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:18 pm Really like the "recipe book" idea. Unless I'm missing something in latest builds, as in classic, the "Notebook" control/window is still useless in DFU. Maybe this control/window could be at least partially repurposed for recipe tracking functions?
Gawd-damnit, how the hell did you miss this: https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1389 ?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:25 pm Gawd-damnit, how the hell did you miss this: https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1389 ?
...yikes. Been away from the builds for a while, I guess. Hope I didn't cause a heart attack here.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Since there are about 10 potion bottle icons I thought it may be nice to have potions use them instead of all looking the same. Here's an example:
Potions.png
Potions.png (133.82 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
Does anyone feel like this needs to be enabled by a setting so classic purists get original icons for potions?

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I don't see why anyone wouldn't want the different icons, especially if they existed in unused classic data.