Can the Shift+Tab combo for Quest Info be changed/edited?

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Circuitous

Can the Shift+Tab combo for Quest Info be changed/edited?

Post by Circuitous »

I imagine it's not a problem for most, but I'm launching DFU through Steam and the Shift+Tab combo for Quest Info is the same as the Steam Overlay. So I press Shift+Tab to check the Overlay, end up bringing up the quest info by mistake, close the Overlay, then have to launch the Overlay again to close the quest info. It's annoying, is all.

Could it be opened up to a user-defined input?

Interkarma

Re: Can the Shift+Tab combo for Quest Info be changed/edited?

Post by Interkarma »

Not at this time (it's hardcoded), but I'm planning to create a new keybind interface during alpha that will support changing this and other DFU-specific keybinds.

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Hmm, weird... I can call the overlay just fine, I have more trouble bringing up the quest info...

So for me it'S like: I call up the overlay, don't release shift, press tab again to close the overlay - when I then press tab again, the quest info pops up, but the overlay don't :)

It's a bit annoying but works for me so far :)
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood

Circuitous

Post by Circuitous »

Interkarma wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:41 pm Not at this time (it's hardcoded), but I'm planning to create a new keybind interface during alpha that will support changing this and other DFU-specific keybinds.
Nice, I'm looking forward to that. Thanks for the reply.

NoobioDF

Post by NoobioDF »

You can, of course, change the Steam Overlay combo, it is possible somewhere in the Steam Settings (I've done it before in the past to avoid a combo for another game played via Steam).

However, the Shift Tab combo is problematic anyway, as it is a difficult combo. Be nice to just be able to assign it to something else down the road, so looking forward to Interkarma's adjustment down the road.

pango

Post by pango »

I made debugger keys configurable in a patch, because "[" and "]" cannot be typed on Azerty keyboard (they're combos AltGr-( and AltGr-) )

The patch is a RFC, so I can't tell if it will be accepted or when, but here it is:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1510

All externalized key settings:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... rtcuts.txt
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart