Transport menu

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Interkarma

Re: Transport menu

Post by Interkarma »

All new Daggerfall Unity characters get a free horse and cart (for now, until shops are in). Imported characters will have them if they purchased in classic prior to import. As banks won't be in for a while, Daggerfall Unity just grants all users a free basic ship for purposes of travel menu.

One note on the ship - full use as a home will be part of player housing update. Anything left on the ground in ship right now won't be treated as a player house, loot container will just disappear when you leave the interior. Ship is purely for aesthetic reasons for now to round out the travel menu.

Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Thanks, All Clear now!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This new update allows horse and cart to jump, which was disabled in classic.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Excellent point! It makes sense for the horse to jump - but not the horse & cart.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Interkarma wrote:All new Daggerfall Unity characters get a free horse and cart (for now, until shops are in).
In 77 and 78, my characters don't generate with a horse, only with a cart. Should I make a bug report?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This would be my oversight then. Yes please, mark this as a bug. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote:This new update allows horse and cart to jump, which was disabled in classic.
You can't jump with either in classic, but I think horses should be able to jump. I've not made the distinction between horse & cart to limit changes to PlayerMotor at Interkarmas request. They also have the same speed so it doesn't matter which you have at the moment. This will get sorted out when PlayerMotor is redone.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:37 pm capsule.jpg
Sorry to resurrect a very old thread (a nice trip down memory lane for me) but I was trying to make the player capsule visible in Unity 2019 tonight and I couldn't. Anyone able to do this and tell me how? I tried google but it was no help.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You can view in editor by selecting object. Colliders will be drawn as a green outline gizmo in editor. Otherwise, you can slap down a capsule primitive with same dimensions (GameObject menu > 3D Object > Capsule) as a child of parent. This has a mesh renderer and will be visible even in game scene. But don't forget to turn off collider on new primitive.

PM me if you get stuck and I'll put some screenshots together.