Misc. FilthyCasual523 bug discoveries [CLOSED]

FilthyCasual523

Misc. FilthyCasual523 bug discoveries [CLOSED]

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

So I went and joined the Knights of the Flame in my testing character to see if it was implemented yet. Turns out knightly orders ARE in, and that sometimes -- not all the time but sometimes -- the location given for their quests will either read "BLANK" (but obviously without quotes), or even show up as a blank space before the period.

Also, I noticed that when you change your fast travel settings they don't persist when you load your save file for the next session.

And that about wraps up all the bugs I've found thus far. I'll keep playing and see if I find any more. You guys are awesome, I can easily see DFU becoming THE way to play Daggerfall in the future!

Interkarma

Re: Misc. FilthyCasual523 bug discoveries

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the bug reports and the kind words. :)

The BLANK thing is kind of a catch-all for when something goes wrong. Classic handles it the same way, although we probably don't have parity with classic errors. What I mean is that we could have even more BLANK than classic. Hopefully over time all of these cases are fixed up.

I don't believe the fast travel settings are serialized or reset between loads. This is something I'll add in a polishing pass later.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Hey Filthy, all I pretty much do is bugtest this thing when I can, I was gonna say, if you you want someone to double check stuff you found, hit me up, I can jump in np, get someone in on the checking kinda thing, and on that note, I was hoping you would check this out for me.
Its the automap in dungeons, check out the post..viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1011

I pretty much go from master to master on a daily bassis over on Github, its like an insider build you can DL, build, and run in Unity editor.
Test stuff as it goes online, that sort if thing.
It took me awhile to get into it so if not thats cool, I'm just saying.
It is cool tho, and now, I get to die of disease....yay...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you can include screenshots of which quests give a blank, that'll help diagnose them. The problem could be the quest's or the dungeon type's.

FilthyCasual523

Yeah, I'll get some screenshots later. I'm about to head to bed as I type this, so it may be a few hours. lol

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Mentioning the quest name is a big help as well. You can find this from the quest debugger:

LeftShift+Tab to open then [ and ] to cycle through active quests.

FilthyCasual523

I've managed to identify at least two of the quests after randomly cycling through how many of them hoping to get the bug.
Attachments
20180511014553_1.jpg
20180511014553_1.jpg (332.91 KiB) Viewed 2537 times

FilthyCasual523

Sorry for the double post, for some reason it won't let me upload the other screenshot to the same post. Also, I'm sorry for not running the quest debugger, I'm running DFU through Steam and unfortunately shift-tab is how you open/close the Steam overlay as well.
Attachments
20180511014618_1.jpg
20180511014618_1.jpg (321.77 KiB) Viewed 2536 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

For some reason, between build 103 and 110 the dragonling quest changed:

Old:
Place _mondung_ remote dungeon
New:
Place _dungeon_ remote dungeon14
DFU can't parse dungeon subtypes, so this is the wrench in our gears. I wonder how that happened?

The same is not true for the nightblade quest. That one's a silly mistake, using __qgiver_ instead of ___qgiver_. IIRC, there were so many of these I didn't even bother to change them when I was updating the quests.

FilthyCasual523

Thanks for looking into that, Jay. :)

Well, now I've got another bug for you guys. I found the Daggerfall Coven and tried to get some quests from them but unfortunately the quests never got added to my journal. Basically I could spam asking them for quests until they no longer offered any at all, which they stopped offering after five tries.

One of those tries had the bug where no location was given, this one for acquiring werewolf blood.