Linux 115: Fighters Guild questor changing factions during quest [RESOLVED]

Jay_H

Linux 115: Fighters Guild questor changing factions during quest [RESOLVED]

Post by Jay_H »

This is a really incomplete bug report since I haven't tested it very thoroughly. The Fighters Guild questgiver, who in #114 and before didn't do this, now switches factions to Vampire after I accept quests sometimes.

This has happened on some occasions when I've come back from a quest. I've just been testing today a few times so I have very little data to present, but it's happened 3 times already, so there's something constant about it. I'll try adding more information as I find it.

Interkarma

Re: Linux 115: Fighters Guild questor changing factions during quest

Post by Interkarma »

Jay, can you confirm if this is still present? I might need Hazelnut's help to chase this down as he's most familiar with the guild back-end.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I'll see if I can repro from this info now.. I know that the fighters guild quest givers are marked as part of vampires guild in factions.txt which is rather silly and one of my first clues to ignore that part of the data. The quest system is solely driven off faction id's for both NPCs and buildings.

EDIT: Nope, can't reproduce - going to need more to go on to fix this one Jay.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'll check player/quest log if it happens again.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

What I really need is the sequence of events that leads to the issue as far as you can remember.

(Also check PMs please :))
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

There really isn't a sequence. While I was testing, it would happen about 1/8 times, and with any quest at all. If I find a pattern I'll explain it but for now I have no evidence.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This persists in #120. When it occurs, it remains in place as long as I'm inside the same building as the questgiver. Every member of the Fighters Guild changes to Vampires faction while it's present. The questor stops offering Fighters Guild quests during it. I have the player log, which doesn't tell me much:

Code: Select all

faction id: 851, social group: Commoners, guild: Vampires, building guild: FightersGuild

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NPC offers guild service: Quests

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

rep: 100 high#: 1 low#: 0 new rank: 1

DaggerfallBillboard [TEXTURE.182, Index=20] (UnityEngine.Transform)

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)

Unloading 80 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 6090.
Total: 170.486008 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.505000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.822000 ms MarkObjects: 167.964996 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.194000 ms)

Unloading 108 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 6090.
Total: 165.682007 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.642000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.396000 ms MarkObjects: 163.395996 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.246000 ms)

Unloading 27 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 6090.
Total: 139.011993 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.375000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.576000 ms MarkObjects: 136.953995 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.107000 ms)

faction id: 851, social group: Commoners, guild: Vampires, building guild: FightersGuild

NPC offers guild service: Quests
The full log is here.

The only thing I'm consistently doing here is using the Recall spell to return to this location. This is all happening while I'm testing the Commoner quests. Those are the only two common threads among all of them. I'm also attaching a save file, since it persists for the save.

EDIT: One thing. I'm using Teleport to arrive at the Fighters Guild before it opens, around 7AM. I find that it happens quite often then.
Attachments
Vampires.zip
(110.57 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hmm, if you enter guild out of hours the NPCs should not be present - I implemented schedules months back.

The savefile you provided is not helping me much, when I load it says "Terrain Sampler changed. Repositioning player." and I appear outside the town. If I teleport to the recall location I appear in the void underneath the town and fall... are you running with mods or something?

When I took a quest from FG and rested outside town until guild was closed then recall inside there are no NPCs around. Sounds like you're seeing something different?

I've not used the recall spell (or any spell) before now, and I noticed that things inside don't seem to be quite the same when tele inside rather than entering a door. If I rest in the FG it should move me to the bedroom - one of the rest markers, but if I recall in that doesn't work. I might need to take a look at how Interkarma implemented recall, but not tonight - too tired.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Haha, yes, I'm running the Hills mod by UV :lol: Let me undo that and try again.

Yes, up until now I've always entered the FG on foot and seen it empty after hours. It's unusual to see people inside, but the whole guild is there.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

When you try it without the UV mods, can you provide a save and a list of steps to reproduce the issue please? I currently have no idea how this could be occurring. Not even a little spark of a theory... which is unusual for me. :)