Win64 #118 - Main quest did not start - Loaded from classic [NOT IMPLEMENTED]

Cadrach2

Win64 #118 - Main quest did not start - Loaded from classic [NOT IMPLEMENTED]

Post by Cadrach2 »

Hi,

Thanks again for the great work on this!

Wanted to play a custom character, so I did the following:
  • Created a custom character in classic
  • Launched the game and arrived in Privateer's Hold and saved
  • Closed classic
  • Opened DFU, and loaded the classic game
When DFU loaded the save, I was outside Privateer's hold. I quite realized later that the quest had not started and was able to force start it by running

Code: Select all

startquest _brisien
I did keep the classic save and am able to reproduce (screenshot & save attached)
Attachments
SAVE0.zip
(35.98 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
2018-06-07 08_09_03-Daggerfall Unity.png
2018-06-07 08_09_03-Daggerfall Unity.png (758.51 KiB) Viewed 1708 times

Interkarma

Re: Win64 #118 - Main quest did not start - Loaded from classic

Post by Interkarma »

At this time quest state is not imported from classic saves. I'm still deciding how to handle this, as the way classic and DFU store and track quest state is completely different. The most likely outcome will be that I'll import global vars and instantiate any S0* quests (main quests) the player has running in their save. This means a few steps might need to be replayed to catch up to where player was in classic.

I think most people are importing a classic character already through the main quest or just starting fresh in Daggerfall Unity. You're the first person to actually bring up that classic quests weren't imported, so not sure of how much demand there is for this. I'll leave this one place for now but mark as not implemented. :)

When importing a character, they will be placed outside at a reasonably close point to where they saved in classic. If you're in a dungeon, this will pop you outside at terrain origin. If importing an interior save, you'll be placed on the ground roughly where you were standing inside the building. I don't have plans to refine this yet, but it's something I'd like to get back to eventually.

Interkarma

Re: Win64 #118 - Main quest did not start - Loaded from classic [NOT IMPLEMENTED]

Post by Interkarma »

By the way, welcome to the forums and thank you for the excellent bug reports. Lots of great detail in these. :)

Cadrach2

Re: Win64 #118 - Main quest did not start - Loaded from classic [NOT IMPLEMENTED]

Post by Cadrach2 »

Thanks, I am a developer myself so I know how frustrating it is to not have enough information on a bug ^_^

For this, honestly the only reason I did it is because custom character creation is not in DFU yet, otherwise I would not have seen any reason to load a classic game seeing how far DFU is already.

Thanks again for the great work you are putting through!