Build #122 - Crouch Climb into slanted walls triggers crush detection leading to death. [RESOLVED]

Peepo

Build #122 - Crouch Climb into slanted walls triggers crush detection leading to death. [RESOLVED]

Post by Peepo »

Hello, created this account so that i could inform about this bug which i couldn't find a report about already and an exploit.
I read the Guidelines about not posting 2 bugs on one topic but i think that they're caused by the same problem so i'd guess put them together to not waste your time.

Tested on: Legacy Stable 0.5 #122 16-Jun-18 (64bit version)

At the moment i'm guessing the problem is with hitbox dettection and model going through walls.

Death problem:
If you're crouched and try to climb into a slanted wall it appears that a piece of the model ends up in the other side of the wall and kills you instantly. I'll attach a png of the wall i tested (slantwallpng) and my death(deathpng).

Crouch climb dungeon exploit:
With crouch+climb in dungeons you can raise your "head" over the rooms roof and see the rest of the dungeon(exploitpng).
Attachments
slantwall.png
slantwall.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 1457 times
death.png
death.png (850.68 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
CrouchClimbExploit.png
CrouchClimbExploit.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1457 times

Interkarma

Re: Crouch Climb into slanted walls leading to death.

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

This is caused by an interaction with the crush detection system. It's intended only to fire when user pinned beneath a lowering platform. The player is first forced into a crouch then after a certain point is crushed to death. What's happening is you've found a spot where you're able to crouch and climb upward until there's a false positive from the crush detection.

I'll leave this one open until either MeteoricDragon (author of crush mechanic) or myself can look at it. Thank you for the report.

Peepo

Re: Build #122 - Crouch Climb into slanted walls triggers crush detection leading to death.

Post by Peepo »

Thanks for the opportunity to play it. :)

MeteoricDragon

Re: Crouch Climb into slanted walls leading to death.

Post by MeteoricDragon »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:53 pm Welcome to the forums. :)

This is caused by an interaction with the crush detection system. It's intended only to fire when user pinned beneath a lowering platform. The player is first forced into a crouch then after a certain point is crushed to death. What's happening is you've found a spot where you're able to crouch and climb upward until there's a false positive from the crush detection.

I'll leave this one open until either MeteoricDragon (author of crush mechanic) or myself can look at it. Thank you for the report.
One way to fix this is to not allow climbing while crouching, or crouching while climbing. Classic does allow it, but when I tried to do climbing while crouching, it's pathetically inefficient.