Build #122 - One of the repair messages showing "%pct[srcDataUnknown]" instead of name. [RESOLVED]

Interkarma

Re: Build #122 - One of the repair messages showing "%pct[srcDataUnknown]" instead of name.

Post by Interkarma »

I'm interested in how classic handles text ID 260 variants in shops, especially when player is guildless. Does it simply skip that text variant, use a generic fallback title, or substitute with something else entirely like %hon. Will need to test this in classic.

I'm assuming this has been an issue with %pct from the start, this is just the first time someone has noticed. It's a fairly minor issue though, and several easy approaches to fixing it. :)

Peepo

Re: Build #122 - One of the repair messages showing "%pct[srcDataUnknown]" instead of name.

Post by Peepo »

Is it possible that the problem is caused because the merchant tries to give me a discount as good as a guild discount and pulls from that pool of messages? As if the % of discount itself is directly linked to the pool of messages, and not the npc affiliation.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's OK, the problem is well understood. We're just discussing approaches to fix. Thank you for the report. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Fixed this now, needed a context handler added in the trade window. Took me a quite a while (~1 hour) to go though all the different bits cos I am rusty. I also had to check that classic actually used these messages for merchant repair services. (turns out Allofich was spot on with that logic transcription job as usual)

Thanks for both bug reports Peepo, excellent & helpful reporting there my friend!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I have fixed this by enabling all contextual macros to have a non-contextual fall back. This is the only macro that does at the moment (if no guild context it's replaced with pc name instead of pc guild rank title) but there may be more so keep a lookout. Would be good to find another since I implemented a general way to handle rather than doing a special case... which if this is the only one would have been more appropriate.

Go find 'em DFU test community! (now why is the flying monkey scene from Wiz of Oz popping into my head...) :lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods