Custom class creator - incorrect HP per level for custom characters, some UI bugs [RESOLVED]

Midknightprince

Custom class creator - incorrect HP per level for custom characters, some UI bugs [RESOLVED]

Post by Midknightprince »

64bit #50
With a NEW char, it seems to be if you mess with the HP per lvl in char creation, when you level up, you only get 1 HP (tested 2 guys).
Also, when I click on int, it says I have 0 MP for casting, even when I rest, and some of the advantages/disadvantages aren't working even tho you can select them (I know you said some may not work, but I'm pinpointing stuff for you here).
Bonus to hit undead for instance, you can click the other bonuses, but undead just says "bonus to hit" when you click it, if you pick a bonus but change your mind halfway thru, and exit, it just says stuff like "Immunity to", or "resistance to", like you kinda picked it, it doesn't do anything positive , but I think it breaks your stats from what I could tell depending on what it is you picked, and it only seems to be positive bonuses.
That's as far as I got, here's the save before lvl...
Now I'm going to be testing stuff with my other guy, and swimming all weekend.....HOLY MACKEREL so many cool things in this update !
Swiiiiiiming !
Attachments
SAVE48.zip
(277.58 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

nposner

Re: Custom class creator

Post by nposner »

I just jumped into the new update, found some similar things. I tested 3 custom characters and 1 barbarian, found that custom character health always starts at 25 and is gained at 1hp per level. The same did not occur for the barbarian. This also happens if the hp per level is left at the default 8, contrary to OP.

Interkarma

Re: Custom class creator

Post by Interkarma »

The custom class creator is mainly the UI only at this stage. Most of the actual advantages/disadvantages are yet to be implemented as part of effect system rollout.

However, character HP per level should be one of the functional elements now. I'll make this the primary focus of this topic. Thank you for the report. :)

Interkarma

Re: Custom class creator - incorrect HP per level for custom characters

Post by Interkarma »

Midknightprince wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:51 pm Bonus to hit undead for instance, you can click the other bonuses, but undead just says "bonus to hit" when you click it, if you pick a bonus but change your mind halfway thru, and exit, it just says stuff like "Immunity to", or "resistance to", like you kinda picked it, it doesn't do anything positive , but I think it breaks your stats from what I could tell depending on what it is you picked, and it only seems to be positive bonuses.
Sounds like a couple of UI bugs as well. I'll keep this thread mainly about the HP per level issue and we can make another topic for specific UI issues with custom class creator.

numidium3rd

Re: Custom class creator - incorrect HP per level for custom characters, some UI bugs

Post by numidium3rd »

Thanks for the bug testing! The HP gain being 1 and the spell points being 0 are pretty simple fixes. I've already found the issue there - that was just me forgetting to set a couple of values for the player's career data :oops: . Looks like the bonus to hit thing is a simple typo. I'll likely get the fixes pushed out today.

BansheeXYZ

Re: Custom class creator - incorrect HP per level for custom characters, some UI bugs

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I've also noticed that when you get to the roll dice screen, stats that were at 100 get adjusted upward. Not sure if this happened in classic. On level up, the sliders allow you to invest in skills that are already at 100. Not sure if that happens in classic either.

You guys will also need to handle cheap tricks like Critical Weakness to Paralysis for High Elves (Who are naturally immune). I know classic allowed that.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 am I've also noticed that when you get to the roll dice screen, stats that were at 100 get adjusted upward. Not sure if this happened in classic.
Just replying to my own post here... I checked classic and the custom creator limits you to a max of 75 for any stat before getting to the roll dice screen. Thus, you're never able to get to 100 or above on the dice screen because of that cap.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I believe this has been resolved, closing now.