Windows #127 - Pacifying enemies through walls at significant distance [CLOSED]

luppolo

Windows #127 - Pacifying enemies through walls at significant distance [CLOSED]

Post by luppolo »

Like title says, I'm pacifying enemies far away from me without los, to reproduce just keep reloading the game.
Honestly I never had it happen at all in the original game so I don't know at which distance it's supposed to trigger but it doesn't seem correct like this.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (702.29 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
Attachments
Daggerfall Unity.zip
(85.54 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

R.D.

Re: Windows #127 - Pacifying enemies through walls at significant distance

Post by R.D. »

In the original game the pacification attempt doesn't happen until an enemy is instantiated, at about 768 Daggerfall distance units from the player (around the length of a typical dungeon room or so). Right now in DF Unity it happens as soon as an enemy detects the player (which can happen through walls if the player fails a stealth check, same as classic), which can currently happen from as far as 1024 Daggerfall distance units (there is a PR waiting that would reduce this to 768).
Honestly I never had it happen at all in the original game
The original game does not have the "Pacified -- using -- skill" text popup, so you might not have noticed, and the chance of pacifying is lower than it is in DF Unity right now.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

R.D. wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:02 am In the original game the pacification attempt doesn't happen until an enemy is instantiated, at about 768 Daggerfall distance units from the player (around the length of a typical dungeon room or so). Right now in DF Unity it happens as soon as an enemy detects the player (which can happen through walls if the player fails a stealth check, same as classic), which can currently happen from as far as 1024 Daggerfall distance units (there is a PR waiting that would reduce this to 768).
Honestly I never had it happen at all in the original game
The original game does not have the "Pacified -- using -- skill" text popup, so you might not have noticed, and the chance of pacifying is lower than it is in DF Unity right now.
I thought I had returned the chance to be the same as classic. My modified formula is now in the Archaeologist mod only.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

I thought I had returned the chance to be the same as classic. My modified formula is now in the Archaeologist mod only.
I thought I looked at it and it was still somewhat different, but I'll recheck it later and get back to you, submit a PR or something. Right now I have other things I want to work on, though.