Build 0.5.477: This is a strange one... [RESOLVED]

FilthyCasual523

Build 0.5.477: This is a strange one... [RESOLVED]

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

Alright, got another one for you guys. It's weird. I was doing some Dark Brotherhood questing and I went to talk to the quester to get a job. The interaction window pops up like it should, but the kicker is that instead of freezing the world and activating the cursor like it should, it instead just superimposes the window over the game and lets me continue doing whatever. I "fixed" it by opening my inventory screen and closing it again, and then I was able to get the quest as normal. Still, thought this was an interesting one to bring to you guys.

This was the other day though. I wasn't sure if I should report it so I'm sorry for waiting so long.

I believe this is the output log from that, not sure though. Can't remember if I fired up the game again after that session.
output_log.7z
(13.39 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
I'm going to try to see if it happens again tonight.

EDIT: It did. Here's my output log.
output_log_redux.7z
(13.39 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Interkarma

Re: Build 0.5.477: This is a strange one...

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for posting. This is related to a problem where talk interface is crashing for some reason. Problem can actually originate in quest system or somewhere else that plugs into talk system.

We've fixed several of these already, and no doubt fixes will be ongoing all the way to finish line. Reports like this (with log and repro save) go a long way to helping us fix quickly.

Will take a closer look when I can. Cheers! :)

FilthyCasual523

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

No problem. So far I've only gotten this with the Dark Brotherhood; Knights of the Dragon, Order of Arkay, and the Fighters Guild seem unaffected.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I believe this issue is resolved now.